4 gallon nano reef pics

WAY TO GO! Looks great, we just got our tank delivered last night, going to start the build. Going to start with the light and filter that came with the package, and then eventually upgrade as we do more research!

Haha good! I can't wait to see your build, and this light is AWESOME. You should really check them out. I'm loving this tank so much more now lol

Yeah we are about to head down to the LFS to hand pick some live rock, get sand, and some pre-mix. Need to get this thing started... Jordan is already coming up will all kinds of ways to re-do filtration and lighting. Most people upgrade, we down grade AND upgrade! :)

Hahahaha I know what you mean! I went from setting up a 72 bow to setting up a 4 gallon nano! And now I have the nano I'm upgrading everything on it! But it's very worth it IMO. Going to jays in Salem nh soon to pick up some acans some small acro or birdsnest and maybe some zoas so that should be fun. The green favia I have is doing awesome so I hope those will to. But take pics of ur build so I can maybe get some pointers for mine! Haha

Went to jays today and got a maxima clam 2 nice frags of acro one green and a leather frag. The tank is filling up! Its looken better day by day!

Pics!!!! a good update!

the new led's and stuff!

Attachments

• DSC01635.jpg
    DSC01635.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC01677.jpg
    DSC01677.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 483
  • DSC01642.JPG
    DSC01642.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 475
  • DSC01563.JPG
    DSC01563.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC01636.jpg
    DSC01636.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 491
more pics

more pics

Attachments

• DSC01710.jpg
    DSC01710.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC01701.jpg
    DSC01701.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC01687.jpg
    DSC01687.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC01708.jpg
    DSC01708.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC01716.jpg
    DSC01716.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 528
thanks! the clowns host now as u can see :) made me happy. and the lighting i bought a little while back was great, but was a little too blue for me. so i went with a led setup on a heat sink and got the 12 k color temp i was looking for, not the 20 k. i mean the 20 k made the tank POP but im just not into it i guess. so now i have it just sittin around. i might sell it. it makes great lighing if you like 20 k or as supplemental lighting for like a 10 gallon or lower. but anyways yes i am running just 5 rb and 3 cw leds and im very happy. and so arnt the coral to.

if you dont mind me asking, what was the final cost on the led fixture you built? turtletrax wants more corals in her tank, so its time for me to start looking into either picking something else up of building something. still looking great, our build thread will be up and coming soon!

cheers
...skeeter...

The total cost cost was this:
Driver lpc 35 700 18 dollars
Heat sink. Heatsink USA 7 by 4.5 $15
Led's from steves led ( very nice and comparable to Cree) $25
solder and wire $5
Thermal paste $3
Total cost:$66 ( if my mental math is right)
And thanks for the kind words

For some reason the rbta at the store was like 3 inches big and in my tank it's like 5 or 6? Anyone know why that is? It's likenit grew so much over night. Btw this is my first anemone so any pointers from people on how to keep these guys healthy for a long time would be awesome!
Thanks,
Jeff

Gbta

For some reason the rbta at the store was like 3 inches big and in my tank it's like 5 or 6? Anyone know why that is? It's likenit grew so much over night. Btw this is my first anemone so any pointers from people on how to keep these guys healthy for a long time would be awesome!
Thanks,
Jeff

great pictures awesome tank. i had a finnex for awhile and it was awesome. do you plan on putting any livestock in it? i know it's small for fish but i was thinking something along the lines of sexy shrimp. you could fit 3 or 6 in the finnex and it shouldn't be a problem and it would give you some movement in the tank too. just a thought i love the tank looking great.

i didn't see the clown pics haha. that tank is probably going to be way to small for an anemone though it won't be happy in there.

Haha ya the anemone is going to go into a bio cube 29 in afew weeks and right nowits actually doing very well eating like a pigand the clowns love him! So for now its ok. And thanks for the kind words!

Well many months later it's back! And better than ever!

It has an aqua clear on it a boost led par 30 and all my zoas and frogspawn.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314477965.303750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314477965.303750.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 375
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314477974.768450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314477974.768450.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 388
Back