54g Corner

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
I got the tank and stand for a great price. Thanks Greg. All I had to do was re silicone the side seams which was pretty simple. I wanted to build an acrylic weir to hide the heater and gfo so I ordered a sheet up and custom built it and curved it

It's not drilled and I'm fine with that. It's going to hide a 400gph return pump,2 bags of chemi pure elite, and a heater. Very low bio load and consistent water changes will be my main method of filtration

Thanks so much. I finished painting the stand and I've got a few small spots to touch up on the tank and it will be ready to fill.

Hey thanks a loti appreciate it, I'll post a picture tonight of where I'm at with the tank and stand I'm also waiting for my jebao rw- 8 from frag freaks

What's your reason the egg crate? I've read bad things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard people saying to put your rocks on top of it..., i've never done it before and maybe I won't I guess

It can become a nitrate factory if it fills in with detrius and the clean up crew doesn't get into it.

I've never used egg crate in my tanks, I usually start with a thin layer of sand, then put in my base rocks, then the rest of my sand.

I used Eggcrate because that is what I always did in my freshwater tanks but now wish I did not, lots of interesting things in our reef tanks live in the sand and if you want wrasses that dive into the sand to hide I hear the sharp edges can cause lots of issues.

Looks great. I would stick the heater in the overflow. If not maybe put it sideways behind the rocks at the bottom with the wire coming up next to the overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back