54g Corner

Thank you both, yeah I was originally gonna put the heater in the overflow but it's a little cramped, i've got a pump and a bag of chemi pure. It will fit but it would be right up against the chemi pure... I don't know of that would be ok or not so i just stuck it there

Any updates?

Hey sorry, I haven't looked at my thread in a while. I'm not sure where to start haha. My ai hydra took a swim which sucked. I built a custom stand for a new ai hydra. I've added most of the fish I wanted to put in this tank, still waiting on the last fish I'm gonna add. My acans have grown a lot but not much growth from anything else unfortunately a couple of new heads on some zoas, my monti caps look great but haven't done much my reef exotic rainbow acro has encrusted but that's about it. I think I've been messing with the intensity settings too much, I'm getting it dialed in and I'm gonna leave it be. I added a second rw8 , not that one wouldn't do the job it's just that the flow was either too much or not enough

Love the blue spot! One of my favorite fish. Every time I get one it goes carpet surfing tho

I also have a barnacle blenny but he's way too fast and small to get a good pic of. The Picasso is named slim the onyx is named shady. The blue spotted jawfish is spot. The barnacle blenny is zorro and the cardinal is bambino

Thanks for the love guys. We all put a ton of time, money, and thought into our systems and it's nice to get some appreciation. I haven't bothered updating or looking at my thread because I don't get much love on here, 600+ views and less than a handful of comments from others so I figured no one cares. I know my tank isn't the best ever but it is to me so i figured I'd just keep log with photos for myself

Wow this tank makes me remember why I like corner tanks so much! Great tank and I think it's awesome you're taking the time to Qt everything! Better safe then sorry!
Keep up the great work and keep us posted. Doesn't really matter if people comment on this thread or not, it's almost like a scrapbook of your tank and the progressions it's made! A year or 2 from now you'll be happy you kept adding updates to this thread! ;)

Love the blue spot! One of my favorite fish. Every time I get one it goes carpet surfing tho

This is no joke. I had one in QT. I covered the tank in glass so he couldn't get out. After 2 weeks he jumped out of a small slot in the open space by the HOB filter.

At night he gets a bit crazy and eventually finds a new spot to stay in but the past few nights he's been staying put so I think he's found a permanent home which is right in the middle of my tank, perfect viewing.

Back