Aggressive Clown.

Ukraine

Non-member
I bought 2 black&white clowns last month. They hung together for a couple weeks and now one of them is getting territorial. Neither of them would host my anenome. Then last week I picked up another anenome and with in two days one clown started hosting the new BTA. Everytime the other clown goes near it the other clown freaks. I am sure this is all common.

Now the aggressive clown is hosting both anenomes and chases the other clown nipping at it it's under side. I noticed yesterday that the clown is biting the anenome's tenticals now.

Is biting/eating the tenticals a common thing for clowns?

Clowns have a tendency to be aggressive or territorial if you will. Are they the same size? My clowns have not nipped the anenome, clowns usually protect it, they will even bring it food.

My male maroon use to nibble on the anemone and never hurt it..The clowns are killing each other kinda untill they pick sex i belive then the calm down... all imo...I would not be to worried...

You can try blacking them out. If you can get them out of the tank, put them in total darkness and then introduce them at the same time. I've heard of this working , i dont know the details because i've never had to do it.

Back