Anemone help

kquang

BRS Member
I have a bubble tipped anemone problem in my tank. They have completely taken over!! Looking for some advice of how to get them all out of my tank. I would like to go back to having some coral.
0948B0B4-6BB7-4096-8672-35BBB59C8CEE.jpeg

Without taking apart the tank, you can start by pointing power heads right at a few at a time and pry them off the rock as they start to move. Although given the number you’ve got here probably easier just to break it down like Paul suggested.

Wow I thought I had a problem with them at 17 but this is crazy. I have had the best luck with an old credit card and working off one corner of the foot until there is enough to get a finger under and work it off slowly. they are much tougher than they look. Unfortunately there will always be the bugger with it's foot embedded in a crevice and for that you gotta wait till it moves.
Have you ever lost a healthy fish to them, I was watching my fish swimming by them as they take up more and real estate and wondering if there is a point they become hazardous to the fish

One by one will take forever. Just slowly start pulling rocks and putting new rocks ones in.

Agreed! The tank looks beautiful covered in those nems. Try switching off all the flow in the tank, including return. And leave for 5 to 10 mins. The foot will start filling with water and will be easy to remove them with a credit card. Those that have foot buried in-between crevices may still be difficult to get out.

Maybe you could use the tank as a boot camp for wayward clowns that don't want to adopt an anemone live in. People with clowns that won't adopt a nem could pay you for a couple weeks of boot camp (their clowns live in your tank) and when the clowns pick a nem, they get to keep it and take it home for a substantial fee.

Srsly, this is gorgeous but wow ... this must have taken years to get this bad, right?

Back