Another LED question

AnthonyF

Non-member
So with my setup, I will have a 20 X-tall fuge behind my tank that will drain into my DT. My question is to help with the growth of the Algae and the pods and all the fun stuff that comes with the fuge, are LEDs good for that or should I look to a T5 or other kind of light for that tank?

For my fuge I use a clamp on lamp with one of the CFL reflector bulbs. You can get both at home depot for around $20.

But, to answer your question, as long as the LEDs are bright enough, it should grow macro algae. What LEDs were you looking in to?
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yup, clamp on bell shaped shop light and 6500k 13+ watt CF twisty bulb will do you fine. You can buy a two pack of the 6500k bulbs at Walmart for about $10.

Last edited:
A lot of people will use a PAR38 LED bulb in their sump/fuge. I never got around to buying one but I've heard people have success with them.

Ill most likely at least start with the bell lamp. Since I will most likely be building a custom stand so that I can feed my DT directly so maybe I'll just add a 2x4 to the top of the tank and screw a lamp into that and put the light on a timer. Would that work? Im still trying to learn everything about this hobby so sorry for all the questions that most likely seem simple lol.

Back