anyone have an octopus tank??

Its a lot of work. A LOT. I researched this for about a month straight and decided against it. The tank needs to be customized so the smart cephlopod does not escape and end up on the floor.

Good luck

....its a cool idea....a friend of mine has a 300 gall cuttle-fish tank and the cuttle is soooo cool....and really smart its amazing..and they are very close to the octopus family...

I disagree on the 'a lot of work'. It really was not that hard to modify the tank, and feeding, etc. has been easy. Doc Oc is a lot of fun.

>Whats the max size these get Greg?<

As Jay has indicated, depends just a bit on the species. :p I cannot remember the exact size the species I have (Octopus hummelinki) is likely to get, but my friend the octopus expert tells me it should be okay to mature size in my 37 corner Oceanic system provided I do regular water changes.

Mine's taking snails out of my hand now. Pretty wild feeling when its suckers hook onto your hand and try to pull you into the tank! Strong buggers. My son took a new video of Doc Oc going after a small live crab from the beach. Pretty wild to see when he goes into 'Ninja' mode.

Back