Been a little quiet lately ... what do you guys want? :)

LoveTheReef

BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Not many contests, or much fun exciting stuff going on lately .... I'll take the initiative.

What do you guys want? Photo contest? Tank contest? T-shirt (Wet? ;)) contest?

We will offer $50 store credit on livestock (corals / fish / inverts) to the winner.

Chime in your ideas and let the fun begin!!! :)

- Archit

Just to clarify -- I'm looking for ideas for the next contest, and the winner of that contest will win the $50 GC :)

Here's an idea. What if you run a coral growth contest. In this contest, members buy an equally sized frag from the same colony from you. Have them record(take picture) of the frag from a weekly basis for 3 or 6 months. The one with the best growth wins the store credit.
This won't be an instant reward but I think it's pretty cool to see the hard work you put in your tank pays off. If you do this is any type of acro, I will join!

FWIW, my problem with photo contest is that it has nothing to do with this hobby. Usually, the one with some photo skill, good camera, good piece of corals win the contest. For this reason, I never join the contest because I think it's just unfair for you peeps because I'm a photographer. :D

I'd be in for a growth contest... Maybe have everyone donate a frag of something in their tank to supplement the prize to sweeten the deal?

Tank contest seems fair... no expert photo skills needed and all tank sizes eligible. Only if you wait until I get my ecoxotic lights and controller though :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to see 99% of the reefers population in bikini. :D

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to see 99% of the reefers population in bikini. :D

aw c'mon! the 1% will make it worth-it!!! ;)

Hm .. we don't have a big selection of acros, so maybe I can get a couple with my next order for this fun-periment :) I will try to limit the price to $10/frag tops to give everyone a fair fighting chance :p

Btw, lets take a vote on what type of coral everyone wants ... we can do:

1) acro
2) zoas
3) favias
4) chalice

Thanks!

- Archit

overall vibe seems to be for acros! :)

alrighty, I'll try to get a couple of wild colonies with my next order, and we'll go from there :)

Please note: Acros (especially the Mari-cultured / wild) tend to lose their pretty colors in the initial months, and can take a while to regain their colors back; So! depending on how long they will be held at my supplier + how they fare during shipping + how they fare in our system, you might get a brown looking piece that'll turn into a pretty prancing little peacock in the future ;)

Will keep everyone updated on the contest.

Thanks,

- Archit

Back