Been a long week...

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Sorry been a long week (not good except for my first FFM show) and to start this full moon/Friday the 13th week I was working on my tank and thought the water felt a little cold... Low and behold it's down to 74 one of my heaters crapped the bed so looks like I need to go grab another one tomorrow am...

Side note started a copepod culture hope it works out I saw a few still swimming around tonight but not holding my breath based on this past week :rolleyes:

Hey look on the bright side, your heater decided to go out the one day that the temperature reached 70 degrees. For a heater dying in the middle of MA winter that's not that bad

Copopods are hardy. I got an order of pods in with some corals on friday. Didnt see them so wrote an email stating I didnt receive them. Turns out they were tucked under a flap in the box... been sitting in the bag for 4 days. Every single one was alive lol. I have hope for your pods

Hey look on the bright side, your heater decided to go out the one day that the temperature reached 70 degrees. For a heater dying in the middle of MA winter that's not that bad

This is true lol... Normally on March 8th we'd be lucky if it hit 45!!!

Copopods are hardy. I got an order of pods in with some corals on friday. Didnt see them so wrote an email stating I didnt receive them. Turns out they were tucked under a flap in the box... been sitting in the bag for 4 days. Every single one was alive lol. I have hope for your pods

I'll have to check with a flashlight and stir it up a little tomorrow.

74 isn't too bad. Good thing you caught it before it dropped too far.

Good thing I'm actually doing consistent water changes otherwise I wouldn't have caught it. Everything in the tank seems super happy but I noticed one of the heaters is on all the time while the other wasn't on at all. Thought I got 2 that could heat the tank by itself in case one went but honostly I'm not sure the sizes as I haven't had to get a new heater in forever...

Looks good, but it doesn't say safe for saltwater. How long have you had it? I'm in the market for a new heater with contoller.

I encased the metal tip of the probe in a few layers of cyanoacrylate glue before I first used it. After a year and a few months I see no signs of deterioration. I only had thin cyanoacrylate glue at the time, but if you were to use a thick one, such as your typical coral glue, one layer should suffice.

Back