Bioload Too Many Fish?

Idk i just went with the general 3 pounds per gallon they say on live aquaria

Ive never actually weighed it all out its all estimated. but you think its too much?

Oh and everyone will be happy to hear im picking up a 2x150 with 2X54 Actinics within the week! Ritteri saved!

a couple pictures to show rock n setup because i bet your all curious:p

Attachments

• ANGLESHOT.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0068.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 113
It certainly doesn't look like 150 lbs in a 55 gallon tank.

Looks fine to me actually, maybe it was just really dense heavy rock that you bought..

one more

closer

Attachments

• crookedshot.jpg
    crookedshot.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 97
Really Dense. how much more you think i could get? another pile on the left side about the same size?

Last edited:
Yeah, if you wanted too...try to find some more porous less dense stuff, so you can have more surface area, at a lower cost.

Chyea, i usually go by shape. like that donut piece i couldnt pass up, and that long branch. it happens.

I know what you mean, look is important.. just wondering though... you probably paid what, like 2-3 dollars a lb for all of that?

so were talking somewhere around 300 dollars for that many lbs, when you could of spent 100 else where and got the same surface area, which is just as good =).

No worries though, if you want more the tank can handle it.

ouch.

So you spent a WHOLE lot of money on rock.

Well, theres two much better sources to get it in my opinion. You can get it from Marcorocks, they are dry, not live, but great shapes and good prices, or getting it from a reefer selling it in the "critters fish and rock" for sale section.

I've done both.... and usually you pay around 2-3 bucks for rock in the for sale section and about 3-3.5 dollars a lb from marco.

They each have there own advantages,

From other reefer
Good
-comes live
-looks good
-comes very cheap
Bad
-May not have the best shapes, or density
-may have bad creatures
-will weigh more than dry rock, so in reality you get less rock.

Marco rock
-Good pricing
-Lots of rock for the money
-No unwanted pests
-Great shapes, and very porous/light weight

Bad= not alive yet =) ... plus shipping =).

Ime/imo local fish stores generally aren't the best places to buy live rock =).

Hope that helps lol, sorry for the ranting.

it honestly looks like 55-70lbs of rock in there...far from 150lbs, but the amount you have is perfect, you could even add about 15 more lbs if you want to do different aquascaping........and as long as your levels are fine the fish you have are O.K.....just dont go out and buy any tangs.....damsels are fine and clowns aren't big swimmers, my clowns dont go a foot away from their anemone........the spot you have the tank in looks awesome, is it viewable from the back side?, or is it like a fish room in the back?....I love the wood work, and the little shelf in front of the tank!

it is a fish room where i hold everything and its viewable from the backside, so i can find everyone if ever need be. i was planing on expanding the hole in the wall to make it flush, but then i liked the fact i could rest on the ledge. thanks for the words. Check out my add in the trade section :)

Back