Bloated clown - should I be worried?

waltm

Non-member
My female clown has been acting odd today, she has been laying in the anemone all day instead of swimming around like she usually does. Her breathing seems to be fast and heavy, her eyes are a little on the cloudy side and she looks to have a bloated abdomen, all tho its hard to see in the photo.

Is this something to really be worried about? Could it just be constipation or getting ready for spawning?

100_3361.jpg

Belly Bloat is a condition that can rear it's ugly head in SW fish but not all that often. I had a 9 year old tomato who got the illness when I switched over to a reef from SWFO way back. Tank was going thru the tail end of the cycle & it was affected somehow by that. If your fish has bloat it won't eat & will eventually starve to death. (though they don't look starved due to the enlarged belly) Watch to see if it's eating....If it is most likely it's prego!!!;)

HTH ease your mind...
B

Thanks guys, my wife and I were both a little worried, mostly due to her odd behavior. I'll keep a close eye on her tomorrow at feeding time.

Back