BRS Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a "Ron hater", I don't know you well enough for that.
Trust me, you would of known it if I hated someone
edited
Yes, I had a good time despite the problems
edited
Yeah I'm upset :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please refrain from bashing anyone.
If you wanna rumble, take it to email or to another forum.

So the bottom line is, there is going to be elections at the next meeting and if your concerned go to the meeting and run for office or at least vote. Am I correct?

One Eye said:
So the bottom line is, there is going to be elections at the next meeting and if your concerned go to the meeting and run for office or at least vote. Am I correct?

You are correct. There will be elections at the next meeting. More to come on the elections, and more to come on the location/time of the next meeting.

I think there's a gang getting together now to plan things.

One Eye said:
Read the By-laws as there is a process for nominations and elections.

This is getting too complicated. As far as I can see it, being on the BOD or any other important position in the club means hard work and a time committment with little to no personal gain. By that I mean not being paid anything and getting nothing beyond the opportunity to get personal satisfaction from making a contribution to the hobby and gaining local fame and glory among reefers (or flames and criticism).

There a lot of different opinions and feelings going around right now. I trust that even people with vastly differing opinons can work together productivly.

I assume the current BOD members are willing to stay on or be re-elected (however you want to word it, I hope to offend no one). How many seats are there on the BOD? Who wants to offer themselves to the committment in time and whatever else they have to give (self sacrifice these days)? Maybe I wasn't paying attention but if I remember right it's always been an everybody wins election process (If you were willing to make a committment there was a position for you).

If a lot of people want run in an election let's organize one. Let's not make it a big deal though. Current officers, BOD stay the same until the election and then possibly new members are added. I doubt that anyone would be somehow voted out in a malicious way, and if anyone is fairly out voted then that's the peril of democracy.

An election shouldn't happen tommorow or this week in a hastily put together poll or meeting. Maybe a month or two would be best given that we did just go through hurricane MACNA (happy or not about it, it was the biggest thing that's ever been seen by this club).

My hat's off to anyone who is willing to commit their time and energy.

The elections have to happen in accordance with the bylaws. There's no way around that - part of corporate governance. We are a legal corporation.
Check out the bylaws for info on how the elections should be conducted.
This isn't going to be done carelesly or hastily. Greg made a reservation at the Wakefield library for the last Saturday this month (I think).
There will be a necessary committment - but nothing like what was required the past year.
There are three open officer slots. They have to be filled.

An end run huh . . . funny seems to me that the Officers and BOD run this club, they could've removed Ron and I at any time and taken complete control of the show, in fact it was offered to them on more than one occasion far before any discussions of banning anyone. I also seem to recall one occasion when he quit and I had to repair things. Of course I caused him to quit in the first place but then that wasnt the first time people had run-ins with Ron.

As for the required commitment . . . a club with 500 members is no small commitment. That's why Ron went and got you guys Officers and Directors insurance.

Perhaps it is none of my business (never stopped me before;)), but I do pay dues and loyally support the BRS at every turn possible. As such, I feel obligated to ask: what on earth is this all about???

Matt:cool:

There are so many rumours going around...There needs to be a meeting and an unbiased explanation of what has happened over the last few months. I heard that someone banned someone else from MACNA. No one person should ever have this much power. The elected and unelected officials have an obligation to not act in their own interest or unilaterally without consulting other members and or officers. If people's egos get in the way then they should step down and ban themselves from future duties as officers. Remember....you as officers speak for all of the BRS members and must act accordingly in all BRS decisions. I do not know exactly what happened here but there needs to be a public explanantion so that all of the members are aware of who did what so that this does not happen again.

Oh, I forgot to thank Moe for bringing integrity and cohesiveness to the BRS.
Thanks for all you have done Moe...you are a really commited individual and this club would be nowhere without your hard work.

Chuck Spyropulos said:
Oh, I forgot to thank Moe for bringing integrity and cohesiveness to the BRS.
Thanks for all you have done Moe...you are a really commited individual and this club would be nowhere without your hard work.
Moe has done a great job in founding this club and getting it to where it is today.

As for integrity and cohesivness he misses that by a LONG shot. I would have to lump Joe Scavo in there as well.

My opinion based on fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back