Bulb replacement - how much per month

jackie armando has a couple of lights.....and that is a huge understatement...(thats a long word)

jango said:
dont worry marvin my cube is not a cube either....i think its closer than yours though....J/K...
Listen, I am a bald headed guy who knows he will never have hair again.

So you have to indulge me this one luxury.

Its a CUBE :D

That must be some awesome setup! And to think I was going to upgrade in a couple of months to a bigger tank and 250's. I think I'll wait until I get a lodger;)

jango that's pretty funny!
Grin-Nod.gif

Jackie thank you. feel free to come over anytime to see the tanks if you want. Just let me know in advance so i can plan to stay away from the roads. =)

Did you have to run any extra circuits to support so many lights?
I think I'm already at the limit with 410 watts of lighting. :( (turn on A/C and stereo.. foomp bye bye fuse)

Armando said:
Jackie thank you. feel free to come over anytime to see the tanks if you want. Just let me know in advance so i can plan to stay away from the roads. =)
Thank you Armando, I would love to. I'll cover my car in bubble wrap before I go......;)

I'm sure I will and I promise to hold back the jealousy as I drool.....;) My tank's been looking so 'pale' lately, I've spent so much money and time on the house in the past couple of months so I haven't been able to spiff it up.....

Armando said:
exactly Peter, I run 12 halide bulbs. So this cost is just to replace the bulbs.

I thought I had it bad, my new setup holds 5 MH's. Thanks to Armando for making me feel better. :D :D

Scuba_Dave said:
Cubish...perhaps....
when he has it up and running i'll call it a cube but till then marvin it still needs a couple off the top... :D

daragon,pretty funny huh we just had this conversation the other night.....
i was in awe at what you'll have to spend then i saw how much armando spends... :eek:

Use a bunch of mirrors to reflect sun light on your tank... FREE.
Put a sky light right on top of the tank or just build a out door salt water pond.

90 a mos in BULBS alone. That is, 1080 dollars worth of bulbs, or approximately 10 HQI bulbs per year.

This is in addition to things like salt, electricity, and replacement parts...

If you factor in Armando's electricity bill, you have a nice family sedan in just four short years.....

Back