Catching Fish

Scott G

MAH BALL
I need help on how to catch my YT and get him into my QT. What do you find to be the most effective way to catch a fish?

I have small tanks, and use tank dividers which work great - unfortunately that won't work on larger tanks.

Try coralling it into a clear container, like they do at AG.

I was thinking a spinnerbait, but I'm sure Gina and Nature's feedback will prove much more useful.

;)

the club had a fish trap you could sign out at the meetings. ask whoever the library guy is or one of the bods unless their listening.

I got my sailfin tang out by turning off all the lights for about 30 mintes.... EVERY LIGHT.... then turn all the lights on. They remain stunned/asleep for a minute or so. I then used a turkey baster to gently blow him out from under the rock he hides in... then I netted him right out. Thsi was after spending hours trying the hard way.

Mike

Hehe my dad and I laughed when we read that, he just left and said I'm gonna go try it right now :D

"Here fishy fishy" isn't working?? :D :p

Our Hippotang helped to get our YT into a net, so it was pretty easy for us. Dividing the tank like Gina suggested, if that's possible, so you don't have to chase it around the whole tank. Putting a sheet of nori so that it is occupied may help to grab it, too. Good luck!

Yeah we tried the nori... he went to it and was all the way across the tank by the time we moved the net :eek:

My wrasse.... FAST, took every rock out, he was still using that last rock as interference... Thank god it was new setup and rock movable AND I didnt like the damn rock setup anyway, but 4-hrs,
Used the 2L bottle tricks first too with food in it, he was still too fast. tried my clear overflow box too like AG does but they have lots less rock.

Back