need some idea's on catching a fish

MikeyDew07

Non-member
Ok here it is I have been tring to catch a lunar wrasse. He is in a 150 and just thinks he runs the tank and needs to go he has also completly destroied a $300 cuc. Has anyone had any luck with fist trap with these guys

You could also use a glass vase or or anything long and see through. Just make sure your net is large enough to cover the opening. Only feed your container for the next few days. VERY IMPORTANT.All your fish will start to feed from it, including your wrasse. When he does you know what to do. This has always worked for me.

all the best

Ok here it is I have been tring to catch a lunar wrasse. He is in a 150 and just thinks he runs the tank and needs to go he has also completly destroied a $300 cuc. Has anyone had any luck with fist trap with these guys

find out where he sleeps in the sand and wait for him to dive in right before your lights go off. then just get a big net and scoop up all the sand in that area and he'll be in there.

empty out 1/2 of the water from you tank.
cut the plastic water (1 gallon) jug off in half. Using the net to get the fish to go into the plastic jug.

I use a piece of plexy glass with a string tied to it and put it in the corner of the tank. The glass piece is as long as the tank is deep. Then feed behind the glass and when the fish goes in pull the string... If he eats algea sheets of a clip it works best. Then you don't have the food going everywhere...

There is a plexiglas fish trap with a plexiglas door that closes with the pulling of a string a little food in those will catch almost anything if you wait a bit.

The vase method works well too.

Back