Clean up Crew Group Buy!!!

CUC Group Buy

I would act ASAP.... AND especially with so many people involved......This "person" is obviously NOT cooperating.....especially since she told you she was going to call you & never did and over 75% of the order is gone..... That is enough evidence (IMO) to dispute the CC charges immediately & never deal or order from this person ever again.
And in the end, (as stated before) you should disclose this person so we all know who it is and NEVER order from her ever again. You can argue that mistakes and "S**T happens" sometimes with saltwater/ reef tank orders but for not to be cooperating with you (and knowing it is stressing you out, obviously)... Is just BAD business and a blatantly disregarding your time and emotional involvement….. You & all BRS members involved deserve more respect and consideration…….

Lucy

One critical issue is that if the seller has a live-arrival warrenty or not (verbally, yes, it counts or written by email etc).

OK...I get the point. First Dong, there wasn't an arrive alive agreement they offer..the only conversation we had about the actiual shipping of the items was stated "We do this everyday..don't worry, they'll be packaged in styroboxes with cold packs and shipped on <insert airline here> first flight out in the morning." I a trying not to disclose all the "details" we spoke about as I have been tediously going through all of our emails and making notes on "what I feel is crystal clear either blatant disregard, mis-informed or simply just a total :confused::mad:"

I believe in at first showing a little diplomacy discussing the "issues" rather than taking an impulse action clearly based on "well see what you are going to do now!" Threats do not work well IMO and IME from the start-it instantly puts the other person completely defensive and usually of the mindset "Well is someone is going to act like that..I'm not even going to try to resolve this" I have disputed one credit card issue in my life(it was an absolute nightmare so figured this time around I will give a reasonable time frame then act. Clearly that timeframe is getting longer and nothing yet..It is now at only 10 or so blue-legs and the fire shrimp are the only survivors...And I am trying to not get into on the board just yet solely for I do not want any discrepencies or what is perceivable as pure flaming.

I understand that everyone is quite upset, frustrated and want this over-so do I. This is where the order stands currently(and I hope you understand my position as well, and all I can do is apologize)

As it stands here is my side:
I set-up the pooled order..so ultimately I guess I'm responsible
There are quite a large number of people that went into this pooled order
Some members were going to pay in person @ meeting or here..etc...<that amount is $138.00...BTW-to those referenced in that statement..not singling anyone out or complaining-we both agreed on that arrangement, can't change it
The shipping ended up being slightly more than I charged(learned this at the time of pick-up..had to pay airline directly
I did receive a second shipment saturday mid morning with the cerinths and fire shrimp, I did not want to part any of the order out due to the casualty rate thus far and also if it came to needing "proof" of death or alive..the entire order was still in my possession(also was a little nervous if even by coincidence I gave someone say 1 fire shrimp and the next day or shortly after either their tank crashed or their most favorite coral mysteriously melted, this would most likely be the first reason used-I didn't want to take that chance either way
Most everyone here has paypaled me or paid by check/cash-the entire order right at under 1K is on my personal credit card-so if she is unwilling to work with me in any way-I would have to refund everyone their money(using the paypal $ or checks/cash...still leaving me with the balance on my credit card to pay-swo I have just as much if not more to lose than all who participated.
I have also put a small amount of money from my own pocket buying filters, filtration media, isolation tanks..etc... as well as running around and borrowing tanks, lights, filters, etc... to save what I could:( I have done the best I can do so far, please understand that, I am really trying my hardest here but some of the private complaints aren't necessary-we are all unhappy
Finally just please realize that I am making every effort possible to find a comfortable and acceptable resolution and I will keep you all posted. I am not going to sit on this much longer-so either "we" will find a resolution or I will resolve it the best I can do on my own.
I truly, truly do apologize to everyone-this is not my first pooled order-but also not a seasoned vet here...Your suggestions and comments have all been very helpful and I appreciate that. Hopefully tomorrow I will know something.

Geeze... I am not apart of this order, nor have I ever participated in one but, wow..... I am sure it will work out.

***** One thing to remember, there is a silver lining to everything. Maybe this "Vendor" will send the replacements for the DOA PLUS SOME!!!******

Pillow,

I understand what you said and i want you to know that i am NOT mad at you or HOLDing you responsible in anyway for this mess.

I find it....unfortunate.... that anyone complained to you about this. IME, you should never complain about anything to anyone when they're doing you a favor.

I'm still willing to help out with anything I can.

I totally understand your situation. I have done many pooled orders and I feel your pain.

I think this is one of the worst nightmare can happen to a pooled order and I don't think anyone on BRS should place any blame on Pillowfish.

Jay is right, no one should complanied to you because you are doing them a favor.

If there is anything I can help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

OK- Here's the update...she has failed to contact me repeatedly-I have emailed daily asking for a phone call and have also called the store-dead end...:mad: Guess this is where my diplomacy ends..I'll do whatever I can to resolve this on my own due to her obvious failure to discuss any resolution. Any suggestions are welcomed as there may be something I have not thought of, but please let's keep it still civil-no flaming or over the top reactions(that will only add fuel to the fire..and is never usually productive) Thanks all for understanding....Again I am so sorry:( This may take some time and I am not sure as to what the outcome will be so please be patient with me

Last edited:
Well, as you may see I have started to dispute this transaction with my credit card company. I feel that I had given her sufficient time to respond to my emials or phone calls. I only wanted to go to the CC company as a last resort-so an email was sent stating that if no response was garnered by close of buisness today(ok..that was really yesterday) then I would have no other option but to resolve this matter through the CC company. Also, by failing to respond to me I would at the END of of the CC "resolution" would post MY experience in the vendor experience forum on BRS and reeef central. This post would not be an opinionated post but strictly factual as I feel all of the isssues I have informed her of speak volumes in and of itself and on that merit alone no further comments added by me are needed.

I will post the vendor information when the CC company notifies me of any type of resolution. There is no guarantee what the outcome will be, I was told I should hear from them between 7-10 days(please don't mark your calendars, I am trying not to mis-lead anyone by saying on this date I will have a definite answer). I thank everyone for being patient and understanding, for a few I am really sorry but I cannot "resolve" your matter today-it was a pooled order and as I stated earlier in the thread I hadn't even received payment from some members as it was a cash and carry from the meeting as we had agreed upon before placing the order. I understand your frustrations, I am as well...and I am not even sure if this solution will satisfy all. I cannot ask for refunds for some and replacement items for others. Again, thank you for tolerating me thus far, I apologize once again:(

Yikes... Tabittha...I am SO sorry you have to go through this crap!! I think everyone agrees that we placed a GROUP POOLED ORDER with YOU as the person coordinating everything with this vendor, and that should NOT change at this point (unfortunately for you SO much time is being exhausted & wasted due to someone else’s error).... this vendor is lucky she is dealing with you… (Meaning there’s probably a lot of people involved who would not be so diplomatic about this situation...)

We as a group have no choice but to wait it out…. As a society in general, this is probably the hardest thing to deal with… The “lack of control” over the situation… but there is a process to go through, and even though we don’t know how long or what the end result will be, we can not lose site of the fact that Tabittha is on OUR side and realize she has as much to lose as we all do here, if not more….. I definitely trust and believe she is committed 110% + to resolve this matter in the best way possible and quickest…..

Lastly, (me thinking out loud) I'm not too sure how many people would even want any replacement items (I know I do not) especially from this vendor... but I guess that is a question that will be asked when the time comes, which from the sounds of things, we are no where close to at this point....

Tabittha, sorry you have to be consuming so much of your time with this problem, but I thank you & hope this matter gets resolve ASAP, for everyone’s sake.

Thanks again.

Lucy

Here we go again....(BTW-after this I think I will need a white padded rooom and a thorazine drip)....:eek:

Vendor called sorta...Apparently, the reason I was given for no response is that the employee who packed the order was out for the week(don't hold me to that time frame) and he was the person I guess I needed to speak with?!:confused: Anyhow, after a long couple of conversations we have a few probable solutions-ish...Before I go any further in giving out information on the possible scenarios-I'll start with this one...

Who still wants their CUC(no additional charges, obviously) But I am asking about this route first because at the moment it seems the easiest to tackle-simple yes or no.....Please post here and also pm me with you contact info-location and if possible a phone number(not mandatory..but phone is easier then emailing 30 seperate people trying to find out what fits you best. Thanks so much for your time and patience once again....I'm sorry:(

Tabittha:
I'm going to say No to wanting a replacement of my Clean up Crew order....reason being this vendor is NOT reliable and full of excuses, and I personally want no part in continuing with the possibility of something else happening with ANOTHER order.. you can PM me or I will check this post on further details...

Bottom line, I would like my paypal account refunded.....

Thanks,

Lucy

T:

Considering what you've gone through here, my vote is to do whatever's easiest for you.

If you get an order, cool, if it dies on the vine, a refund is OK too.

Just try and LMK soon; I need to replenish my cleanup crew post tank crash.
Sorry to be difficult :D

T:

Considering what you've gone through here, my vote is to do whatever's easiest for you.

If you get an order, cool, if it dies on the vine, a refund is OK too.

Just try and LMK soon; I need to replenish my cleanup crew post tank crash.
Sorry to be difficult :D

same here thanks

I'm gonna say no. I feel like that is the easiest solution for my personal situation because I never actually payed you. LMK if you need any more info.

Back