Confused

mtpkts13

Non-member
So I bought 2 two clowns one keeps aggressively rubbing up against the other kind of nudging the other clown behind his pectoral fin. The one who keeps getting nudged seems to just kind of tread water so I seperated the two of them keeping one qt in a net, he seems to be more comfortable in there 3days later. Now I know clowns are weird and have some wacky behaviors but anyone got thoughts on what to do from here? Want to get a bta ASAP but you know gotta get clearance from the financial dept first :)

Clowns are wierd. Hosting in my fuzzy mushroom? Mine rub also but not aggressively. Does the supposed victim run away to take it?

Normal clown behavior pairing up. nature is figuring out which one is going to be male and which one female. Keep them together.

Clowns will host whatever they want. Mine went from hosting overflow to now hosting my Xenia

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I agree with John. That's pretty normal. One is becoming the dominant female showing the male she means business. You'll probably see the smaller one look like he is having a seizure, shaking himself from time to time. It's a sign of acknowledgement that he knows she is the boss. If it gets really aggressive you can turn the light off and she'll mellow out.

I just used my net as a way to separate the two till I figured out what was going on as these are my first 2 fish in the tank only got a couple turbos in there and I didn't pick up a qt container. Thanks for all the answers I figured it was pairing behavior but as always I like to get a second opinion from this forum! Thanks again guys!

Clowns are like prisoners, they have to decide who's going to be the female.

My clowns hang out together and do everything together. They are always next to each other.

Back