DI Resin ??

nazz

Non-member
My resin seems to be getting used up real quick. I use the BRS color changing resin getting 100gls from dual canisters I was getting over 200gl changed all filters on RO unit and same results any ideas on why ??

Did you change our the RO membrane also? That is the key part of the system.

BRS resin hasn't been last long for me either. Probably get about 150 gallons from a cartridge. My membrane is running at 98% efficiency, passing 3ppm water to the DI. I just ordered some resin form Buckeye Hydro. I'll let you know if that lasts any longer.

Wish Spectrapure still carried MAXcap in bulk.

At 13 ppm, you should get about 350-400 gallons from a DI cartridge. So you may have something else using the resin capacity.

Does your system short cycle (frequently turn on and off)?

Have you determined the CO2 in your well water?

Russ

yup had CO2 in my well water. All of a sudden I was going through 1-10" cartridge making 30-60gal of water.

I have to drip and aerate the water after the RO unit then pump it through the DI stage with a peristaltic pump.

This is the setup I use to gas off CO2
attachment.php

yup had CO2 in my well water. All of a sudden I was going through 1-10" cartridge making 30-60gal of water.

I have to drip and aerate the water after the RO unit then pump it through the DI stage with a peristaltic pump.

This is the setup I use to gas off CO2
attachment.php

Ah-ha! Make sure you don't have any brass contact with RO or RODI water.

How do I check for CO2 never had issues until about 3 months ago and I only make 5or 10 :) at a time

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I use the buckeye hydro setup and have horrible well water that fluctuates between 350-450 tds. Highly recommend their setup, nice product and very good customer service.

After a year of use, my RO membrane is running about 96% rejection(about 98% when it started). At 13 ppm, after the RO, I am getting about 300 gallons before my mixed bed DI from Buckeye Hydro is spent(I run 2 DI canisters). I change/top off 50 gallons in my systems every 10 to 14 days so no short runs of water. I find short runs kill the DI resin very quick, even if you flush the membrane before use.

Good luck.

I bought the BRS resin and all new filters. My resin still hasn't all changed. When I filled my tank it changed like a third of it. But my tank is about 200 gallons. That thing has at least 300 gallons through it at this point and it still hasn't changed completely. I feel like it's your water not the BRS resin.

Back