Dialing in an AquaC EV240

hans1976

Not a LFS Employee
I have one of these on my 180. I am driving it with a mag 18 with a small bio load. I am having a devil of a time trying to dial it in to get it to produce an gunk. Anyone have any experience with these?

I have one of these on my 180. I am driving it with a mag 18 with a small bio load. I am having a devil of a time trying to dial it in to get it to produce an gunk. Anyone have any experience with these?

How is it setup ? a pic would be really helpful.

with that said
crank open the air valve all the way
now close the gate valve until you can see the air water mixture above the black box. once you have it set like this open the gate valve a 1\4 turn.

Double check and make sure the drain can vent. If it cannot you will never tune it, as it will surge\siphon and will run inconsistently.

That should get you in the ball park if not either the pump isn't driving the skimmer well enough or soemthing is dirty. It should be either very wet skimmate or overflowing unless your hands were in the tank.
Once it is producing foam tune it with the air valve only this will dry out the skimmate to where you want it. I find you should have a 3\4 -1" air gap under the skimmer collection cup.

If it is dirty clean the venturi valve and the air valve as well as the pump.

I find the best way is to use a kitchen sink basin. Put a few gallons of vinegar and sit the pump and skimmer running in it.
Make sure the skimmer cup runs back to the basin let it run for a 1/2hr to an hour. rinse it well put it back on the tank.

This is a good practice once every 6 months to a year anyway

HTH

Greg,
Thanks. I don't happen to have a pic of it (try to get one later this week). It sits 3' above my sump with the return well above the water line in my sump (so there is no siphon). On the gate valve, I put in the "T" that Argi recommended with a 7" riser. I just realized that I was supposed to cap it, so hopefully that is my problem. I put a 1/2 dozen 1/8" holes in the cap.

I am hoping I have the air valve open - directions not clear. The needle is pointing down. The water column is coming up now almost 1/2 way. Every hour or so, I close the gate valve 1/6 of a turn and it is producing a bit of foam. Hopefully this solves my problem as I want to pull out wet skim.

The T is perfect, cap or not. But you need to oversize it so the water cascades so there is no uneven flow.
For the air valve pointing down is all the way open
cascade
Inner_Skim_durso.jpg

Last edited:
Back