Dialing in Ca reactor.

naturebatslast

Senior Toad Licker
I have a Korallin Ca reactor and I'm having trouble dialing it in. The unit has 2 effluent lines, one to drip fast and one slower. With this reactor, my issue is an air buildup via the "slow" line, and my solution has to be increasing the drip rate on the "slow" and tuning down the "fast/aka higher alk line). If I got this right...by increasing the drip rate I decrease the overall alk of the solution coming out of he reactor. If I were to increase my bubble count from 50/60 bubles/min to, theoretically say 90 or even 120, while increasing the drip rate...what would the be ballpark alk concentration to be expected?

I guess it comes down to if I double the drip rate overall, would I have to double the bubble count?
Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt,drop Derek(gurumasta) a line he had hell of a time dialing his Korallin in but i think he did it in the end.

Thanks Liam, I actually got his reactor and shoot him questions now and then. I think his setup was feeding the reactor off of the return pump. With my setup, at this time I can only use a big powerhead. His problems were similiar and he's given me excellent advice with mine. But I wondering if I have to tune my drip rate way beyond his setup.

Back