Dipping coral.

FixIt

Soaking in the salt info
I can dip a torch right? It is my first one and am unsure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm not aware of any coral that can't be dipped. Keep in mind that dips will kill (or more likely stun) adult pests, but not their eggs. Make sure to inspect with a magnifying glass, and scrape/brush as needed. If it's on a plug, consider getting rid of the plug. Not only do plugs look ugly, they can come with pest eggs.

Look up how to dip with Bayer. I've use lugols, revive and Bayer and the Bayer was far more effective and I haven't lost any coral frags with the Bayer yet. I have lost a couple frags with the revive though

Look up how to dip with Bayer. I've use lugols, revive and Bayer and the Bayer was far more effective and I haven't lost any coral frags with the Bayer yet. I have lost a couple frags with the revive though

What do you mix you bayer ratio at I have heard from a few people LPS and bayer is not a good mix. I use bayer for SPS and acros and Coral RX for LPS just looking for an opinion here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm all sps. I acclimate my coral to my tank water for about 30 minutes. Then I use 8oz of water and add 10ml of Bayer. I mix it then I add the coral and leave the coral for 10 minutes. Once the coral is done in the Bayer I put it in a cup of only tank water for another 10 minutes, the. Use another container with tank water to swish the coral around to ensure no Bayer goes into my tank

But I dont have lps so I guess I cant speak for that but there is a lot of info online about Bayer dipping

I'm all sps. I acclimate my coral to my tank water for about 30 minutes. Then I use 8oz of water and add 10ml of Bayer. I mix it then I add the coral and leave the coral for 10 minutes. Once the coral is done in the Bayer I put it in a cup of only tank water for another 10 minutes, the. Use another container with tank water to swish the coral around to ensure no Bayer goes into my tank

I have a mixed reef right now but this is slowly changing to SPS dominant lol! I mix the same 10ml to a cup of water [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If I'm pretty confident in the vendor I use the Revive, but I use the Bayer if I've bought from people I don't know. Bayer is supposed to be better for things like red bugs, but the reason I don't like it is because I can't see what falls off the coral. Revive stays clear, Bayer is like dipping in milk. You have to be more careful with Revive, more than 10 minutes and your coral suffers.

Yea I've killed frags with revive before. I did 10 minutes in revive then 10 minutes in Bayer and it was too much for the acropora frags. So the combination of the two is too much for some coral

Yea I've killed frags with revive before. I did 10 minutes in revive then 10 minutes in Bayer and it was too much for the acropora frags. So the combination of the two is too much for some coral

I have missed a frag when I went back to the bayer after dipping a bunch. it was probably 45 min later luckily it was fine. would not have been so lucky if it was revive [emoji16]#dippingstruggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The makers of vibrant have a dip out that’s supposed to be very good

I saw that it’s supposed to work good I am still waiting on user reviews to see if it is as good as all the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back