DIY Hood for 125 t5 and LED

beckbrass

Make it fun.
Not that exciting but thought I would post it. All the lights are not in yet, or fans but you get the idea. It will have 12 t5 36 inchers and 12 LED's for some shimmer over the tank as well as 2 fans. I made it to resemble the all glass stand the tank is one.

Attachments

• liddown.JPG
    liddown.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 435
  • liddown1.JPG
    liddown1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 504
  • liddup.JPG
    liddup.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 612
With lights in. Second shot is with lights on, I just plugged it in so the actinics in the top and bottom are not totally illuminated yet it takes about 40 sec's to get them up to temp and the whole bulb is then lit.

Attachments

• lo.JPG
    lo.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 353
  • loo.JPG
    loo.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 359
very nice!!!!
you will be able to play with your color temp alot with all those spaces

Thanks. The bulb set up is as follows
4 X ATI Actinic
4 X ATI Aqua Blue Special
2 X ATI Blue Plus
2 X Giesemann 6K mid day

6 X blue LED
6 X white LED

I installed it tonight. IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER. I had pc's before. Still need to get all the timing down for each set of bulbs but what an improvement.

Nice! I really like what you did!

I have been thinking hard on what to do for lighting on a 125 6' long I am working on. To start I was just going to stick a 48" fixture that I currently have above it (2x actinic 2xHQI), but was thinking to build something very similar to what you have here.

I keep going back and forth between 3x250w halide pendants with 4x T5HO or a full T5HO only setup like yours.

If you don't mind and if it isn't trouble, can you PM me a list of parts you used? Pics and/or construction info? I may just build one!

Back