DIY Project showcase!!

That is so damn cool Patrick! I wish I had stayed with the tour for one more stop! That project really deserves it's own thread. I think we'd all like to hear about how you designed it, and what you learned.

Nate

Aw shucks! Thanks Nate! I'd be happy to share all. I'll PM you first before starting a thread about how to make it understandable(i'm not much of a writer).

Also, I thought those pics would come out on the page instead of as links. Did i do something wrong?

Thanks again, Patrick

Some if my DIY's

This is the stand and cover that I built for the 90g when I moved. 3 side viewing. It sits between by kitchen a dinning area.

Attachments

• New-Tank-web.jpg
    New-Tank-web.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 4,211
Sump and Fuge

I built both the suimp and the fuge for my old system (70G) I still use the sump for the 90, but I don't have room for the sump.

Attachments

• Sump_Fuge_Front-web.jpg
    Sump_Fuge_Front-web.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 3,614
  • Sump_fuge_side-web.jpg
    Sump_fuge_side-web.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3,588
My biggest DIY

The wall/entertainment center is 24' long and 8' high. The right side has the 70g tank the sump and fuge fit nicely under the tank. I had 3' of dead space behind the wall so I had lots of room.

Attachments

• Old-In-wall-web.jpg
    Old-In-wall-web.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3,693
  • front-wall-web.jpg
    front-wall-web.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3,666
HOT DAMN Jordan! That entertainment/tank wall is tres nice! :D

Nice 90 stand too. What type of plywood did you use for the 90 stand? Figured birch? Where'd you find it?

Nate
The plwood is OAK. I just got what HD had in stock at the time I was rushed to get the stand done. I used to get my wood and plywood in Groveland at ESTY's lumber. They have a great selection of hard woods and plywoods. There is also a place in NH around the salisbury area but I can't think of the name off hand.

New 75 some photos

This is the back of the tank

Attachments

• plumb.jpg
    plumb.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,526
  • plumbsump.jpg
    plumbsump.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3,506
Lighting for the new 75

Running 2ea 250watt 10K's and 4 24" Vho's

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4,102
Acrylic Sump for 30 Cube

Here's an acrylic sump built to fit under the small stand of a 30 cube. It really maximized water volume in the small space. Drain in the back using SpaFlex with CPR bakpak hanging out the back space of the stand. 6 gallon fuge in the front with Lights of America 65w fixture.

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4,011
Back