Dumb plumbing question

Zirky

Non-member
Does anyone know? should use primer or cleaner with transition cement? The instructions don’t mention primer so I’m thinking cleaner but not sure.
BFF0546D-93DB-49E1-A8B8-6C1CC2A3929D.jpeg

Use the primer. Some cleaners have the same chemical as the primers, some do not.

If you read the label its tetrahydro....something, that you would want in it.

Also I see abs to pvc cement? If you are trying to join two two different plastics a better way to do so is to get a male adaptor of one and female of the opposite and use appropriate glues for each.

I have seen that glue fail several times in the field over the last 20 years.

Also I see abs to pvc cement? If you are trying to join two two different plastics a better way to do so is to get a male adaptor of one and female of the opposite and use appropriate glues for each.

I have seen that glue fail several times in the field over the last 20 years.
Thanks for that I’m hoping those fails are from someone else’s poor prep because I’m on the last leg of a really long road and I ain’t turnin back. The joints are return and overflow box bulkheads

I remember the purplish stain do come off using the clear cleaner (yellow can) on a cloth right after assembly for a cleaner look. Maybe try on a scrap piece of PVC you have and see. This way you can use the Primer and still have a presentable look. I’ve also used cleaner in place of Primer and did not experience leak but I’m not a plumber.

I remember the purplish stain do come off using the clear cleaner (yellow can) on a cloth right after assembly for a cleaner look. Maybe try on a scrap piece of PVC you have and see. This way you can use the Primer and still have a presentable look. I’ve also used cleaner in place of Primer and did not experience leak but I’m not a plumber.
I love testing stuff thanks for the tips

Mr mom. Right? I always thought he said 223/230 whatever it takes. It’s funny either way

Love the offset bends in the plumbing. Did you use a heat blanket for that?

Back