Feeding my fish?

The River Reef

Non-member
So one thing I realized that I haven't spent time learning about is proper feeding. I just throw 1/2 frozen brine, 1/2 frozen mysis block in per day and done. I would like to know more about what to feed, when to feed, how to feed and raise live foods that are better for my fish??? Please help me out here. I have been browsing but finding mainly specific problems regarding feeding...

Fish = B/W Percula clown, firefish, flame angelfish, Yellow belly damsel (I know, I know - devil fish) - but LFS sold him in the beginning by telling me how peaceful and hardy he was - lol they got it half right! And he has been okay so far.

You should rinse your frozen food. Most if not all frozen foods have phosphates in it. I myself use a fine mesh screen tea ball to rinse my frozen food(rinse in ro/di not tap).

i use 35cc plastic syringe..three pieces, base, plunge and cap..heres a link of what it looks like, if you have a large tank you can get a larger syringe.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=35cc+plastic+syringe&_sacat=0

throw cubes in base, put plunge in then push it down til it hits the cubes, suck up some tank water put the cap on...then i put on top of lights to derfrost..lol..next i invert syringe over sink (pointing up so food settles to the bottom of syringe) remove cap, and plunge the phosphate juice out..go back to tank suck up more tank water, then feed..

i find this works well if you want to spot feed corals and fish at the same time, rather than using a baster..

if you are using small or fine frozen such as cyclopeeze (like me) let it settle a bit longer

if you are ever in boston, lmk ahead of time and "acan" grab u a couple...hav tons at work

I use rods food.same idea as fish goo.no need to rinse.just thaw out in a small cup of tank water throw the mp40 into feed mode and dump it in

I use freeze dry Cyclopeeze, no mess, and all fish eat them like crazy.

Thanks for the feedback... I am thinking about trying to raise live brine and supplement their feedings. If anyone has a good design or information source to build a reusable brine shrimp hatchery with area to allow them to mature, it would be most helpful. I am thinking of converting a 10 gallon into a hatchery :)

I was hoping to get some feedback on this... I read about raising brine and all sorts of live options. I want a simple solution to feed my entire reef in one shot. I looked up cycopleeze but it looks like a fine powder for baby fish? What is the best all in one food that doesn't require washing and a recommended feeding amount?
Flame angel, B/W clown, damsel, firefish, yellow goby, pistol shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, 4 hermits, 2 atrea snails, 2 nass snails, RBTA, small acans, xenia, zoas, polyps, etc..

I don't rinse. I just put a piece of frozen mysis (about 2-3") over the vortech, I do this twice a day.

Back