Fragging a torch?

smcnally

Tankless
Hey guys, I love this torch I got, but I was wondering how to seperate the brnches without hurting it. I've never fragged anithing before so I'm kinda scared to. Basically I would like to seperate one or two of the branches so I can arrange it a littl better. It has about 5 heads on it and I'm just having a hard time setting it nicely in the tank. Would I just cut them down as low as I can? And if so, what would I use? Maybe I'll just bring it with me to the meeting and have someone show me how...I dunno. :confused:

Take a close look at the coral. Between the branches you will be able to see where the live portion of the coral ends, and only skeleton is left. Cut only on the skeleton for best success. You can cut with a pair of cutting pliers, or a dremel tool or whatever you like. I like using a demel with a diamond cutoff blade because the cut always goes exactly as you want it. Remember, the skeleton of this coral is not very strong as it does not live in an area of high flow.

Once you've separated the head(s), you can use putty epoxy to attach them to a rock. Oh...and ideally...cut far away from the live tissue so that you will have more skeleton to work with when you use the putty epoxy. Do not put any putty epoxy over live tissue if you can help it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out one of these days. I'm always afraid of damaging something, but I think it would do better if I split it (Even though it is doing well now).

Back