Fragging glue

Duds

Formerly Known as SrDudley25
BRS Member
What do you use for glue for fragging lps, softies, and zoas?
Thanks
Duds

gel type super glue for zoas, lps and acros
leathers I would use a rubber band or tooth pick.

Last edited:
so I could buy a gel type super glue at lowes or home depot would that work?
I'm a newb at fragging
Duds

Yup any superglue gel works great. Just take the frag out of water & whatever your gluing it to, dab the areas your glueing dry and apply a small amount of glue, let dry a min. then place back in the tank.

I use gel for softies too, just make sure its in a VERY low flow area till it attaches to the rock itself.

I'm cheap also ok looks like I'm going to CVS
Is there a glue that you can attach a mother colony to a rock under water?
That's what I have to do with one of my zoas the flame keeps on knocking it off the rock
Thanks
Duds

A superglue accelerant like "ZipKicker" also helps. squirt that on the rock or plug, put glue on the frag, and on contact the glue completely sets in a couple seconds.

I got it at Charette in Woburn. Not sure where else to look for that one.

ok
still looking for something you can glue underwater
Thanks
Duds

I'd use epoxy putty to attach a mother colony underwater. But get the purple kind...I got white and it stands out so bad till the coraline or coral covers it

I got aquascape putty from Marco, it works great for underwater. Just be sure to rinse it a little before putting it in your tank. It does create a little cloudiness if you don't.

that's what I have but I had to sell my toadstool and it was so hard to get it off with the epoxy on there I wanted to see if there was something different if not I will use epoxy. I already have white so before I buy a new tube(purple) I am going to finish this one up
Duds

If the piece isnt too big , what you can do is take out the frag dry off the bottom apply glue, dip frag in water to form a skin then mash the glue into the rock in you tank and hold for minute or two.

But make sure you dip the frag in a tub of tank water and not to dip it in the tank. Sometime a skin from the glue will float off and if a fish eats it it will glue its mouth shut.

Richard said:
If the piece isnt too big , what you can do is take out the frag dry off the bottom apply glue, dip frag in water to form a skin then mash the glue into the rock in you tank and hold for minute or two.

But make sure you dip the frag in a tub of tank water and not to dip it in the tank. Sometime a skin from the glue will float off and if a fish eats it it will glue its mouth shut.
lol ok sounds good thanks all
off to CVS I go
Duds

You can also get cheap Super Glue Gel at Home Depot. It's right next to the Loctite Gel but it's generic. The package has spanish on it and it's like 1.89 for 2 tubes. The Loctite is like 2-3 times as much. Take a look at where each one is made, the same exact factory!

Back