Gauging Interest-Magnesium Chloride Pooled Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat H.

(Previously PHreef)
BRS Member
If your interested in participating in a pooled order for Magnesium Chloride, please post here. I was not in on the order last time around arranged by Greg and others, but from reading this thread:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3568&highlight=magnesium+chloride

I get that we'd need 40 bags at 55lbs each. The price WAS $19 per bag including shipping, that will almost definately be higher now. You can also get info about the product and how to use it from that older pooled order thread from a little over a year ago.

Also, I have only the slightest idea how to get this rolling, so if anyone with more experience is willing to take this on, feel free!

I'd be in for 2 myself.

So lets see, that makes 5. Just 35 more to go:D

Great John.

To keep this tidy, I'll start a list with screenames and quantities.

2 Phreef
1 robilium (ha, your in man!)
1 ltelus
1 Kevin McG
1 nhbloke (maybe 2)

And as an incentive to people not sure, I started checking and dosing magnesium around 3/05. I had minimal coralline growth in my 6 month old system even with the calcium at 430 ppm and alk at 3.5 meq/L. My Mg level was at 1170 ppm(NSW 1350 ppm). Over a weeks time, I dosed the Mg supplement and raised it to NSW levels and have kept it pretty close ever since. Get yourself a good magnesium test kit(Salifert comes to mind, around $15) and see what your level is. Here is a pic(larger version of my avatar) of the back of my tank on 11/10/05, just 9 months from the start of dosing Mg. I now have coralline "structures" growing out off the back at least 1/4" thick.

Attachments

• DSC00579J.jpg
    DSC00579J.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
2 Phreef
1 robilium (ha, your in man!)
1 ltelus
1 Kevin McG
1 nhbloke (maybe 2)
2 delta

2 Phreef
1 robilium
2 ltelus
1 Kevin McG
1 nhbloke (maybe 2)
2 delta
1 NeO
2 reefdude
1 Ray (maybe 2)

Total: 13 (and 2 maybes)

Another side note worth mentioning, if noone else wants to organize this GB and I do the organizing this will be a pre-pay setup by Paypal or some other means that will be convenient for me. I don't want to get stuck trying to sell any extra.

Thanks

While it would be great if a shop picked this up there frankly is not much gain to be made other than foot traffic into a store. After seeing the quality of the stuff we purchased before (VERY high), and the rate I'm going through it with my 400 gallon system I'm in for another 2 bags to stock away. I'm not going to organize this as it is a PITA.

Put me down for 2 bags if it happens.

3 Phreef
1 robilium
2 ltelus
1 Kevin McG
1 nhbloke (maybe 2)
2 delta
1 NeO
2 reefdude
1 Ray (maybe 2)
2 Greg Hiller

Total: 16 (and 2 maybes)

Actually, I'm going in for 3 to have a stash :D
Almost half way already!

Greg, I'll email you tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back