Giesemann Aurora Fixtures

PSU4ME

BRS Member
What do you guys think of these units? Anyone use them? Likes/dislikes?

Considering a 48” for my 60” tank. Like the combo aspect but want a clean look with it.

Thanks

I've always admired Geisemann. I own an older HQI fixture. Given the reviews, I cannot imagine it's worth the investment.

I run several of these in systems with excellent results. One of the best lights I have used.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank guys, I agree with you both! The setup is great (t5/led) and when working properly I bet it gets great results even though the par ratings I’ve seen online are a little underwhelming..... but it’s something to work with. Surprisingly the reviews of reliability run counter to what I’d expect and BRS isn’t even carrying it anymore for some reason.

My other option is three Radion pros but then not T5. Going with the radions in the stellar also seems clumbsy and you lose some controlability.

Also, using 48” to light a 60” tank, I assume would work as I don’t want a ton of spillage and the ends of my peninsula won’t be coral laden

Halides fixtures still work :p. Since diving back into the hobby I'd be interested to see a hybrid 150watt HQI / LED / T5 fixture.

Have you checked out the ATI Powermodules? They’re led/t5 and no ones ever said anything bad about em.

They are a possibility. Do they only come in black? How are the leds in them?

I’ve only seen black but I wanna say they come in white too. Each led cluster is 75watts. WiFi controllable abs still gives you that real clean look.

Have you checked out the ATI Powermodules? They’re led/t5 and no ones ever said anything bad about em.
Yeah, but the LEDs in these units are not really doing much. So not really a good hybrid, especially for the money

What are you looking to keep under this light?
I am running Auroras on a 120g, a 300g, and a 325g. I use 36", 48", 60", and 72" fixtures. All doing great and keeping a huge variety of Corals happy. Only problem I have had was a T5 ballast die. But that was my fault for not giving the unit enough room to vent, so ballast just overheated, common issue with any manufacturer and user error, so not on them at all. As I am sure is the case with many if the complaints I have seen. No one ever likes to admit it's their fault lol

If you are gonna do SPS dominant, I would go with Radions for sure, and if you want T5, just add the AquaticLife Hybrid kit.

If it's a mix you plan to keep, and you want the look of a nice clean Fixture, the Giesemann for sure is a great answer.

Thanks B, I’m between the Aurora and a t5/Radion build using the stellar or aquatic life t5 frame. The AL has cords on both ends so that blows for a peninsula. Leaning towards the stellar 59” with 3 radions suspended from ceiling.

having a hard tome getting a price and timing on an aurora unit.

mom planning to keep a mixed tank, sps can stay up top.

Back