Reef Deal glasscages.com in boston

zensaiyan said:
i would definitely like to buy a tank from them. i was thinking about getting an acrylic, but i am skeptical of the quality. i have not heard many first hand experiences either. if i go glass i have in mind either the 90g long 48x18x25, the 95g wide 48x24x17, the 115g 48x18x31, or the 120g 48x24x25. i plan on building my own stand again for this tank. i feel that the 95g is not tall enough since it is only 17", and that the 115g is too tall at 31". i know bigger is better, but it is a tough decision.

Post your question about their tanks in the RC vendor forum. I am sure you will get some good feedback.

bump. anyone able to help me pick up an aquarium from this company when they come in june? it would be a short move?

dz6t said:
They use "displacement" instead of "inside volumn". Looks like time to order my dream tank.

ALL of the tank manufacturers use outside of the glass measurements, and say their volumes are approximate, so GC doing it is not out of the ordinary.

zensaiyan said:
bump. anyone able to help me pick up an aquarium from this company when they come in june? it would be a short move?

If no one else that will be there can help ya, I'll try...

Not sure if it'll fit in :p (mine is the one in front, back is a full size Explorer/Mountaineer)

ex_mount.jpg

i talked with them yesterday, most people do not like their customer service, but they were really nice to me. they said if you want an acrylic tank they need abou 1 weeks notice and if you want a glass tank they need about 3 weeks notice.

sw300galma, thanks. i will keep you in mind. like i said pick up would be the third and i am in central boston so i don't think it would be that far to transport. i am planning on getting the 115g 48x18x31 so i bet it would fit nicely in your vehicle. actually you could set up a nice sized tank in that vehicle, ever think about that? portable aquarium?

zensaiyan said:
sw300galma, thanks. i will keep you in mind. like i said pick up would be the third and i am in central boston so i don't think it would be that far to transport. i am planning on getting the 115g 48x18x31 so i bet it would fit nicely in your vehicle. actually you could set up a nice sized tank in that vehicle, ever think about that? portable aquarium?

Trust me water sloshing makes a mess...

I have a few questions:

1) Why special order from them when you can get an All Glass Tank (Size 180)

2) Are their tanks made with no top bracing?

3) How much would a 180 cost?

4) Are they heavier than the AGA 180?

Sorry i asked too many questions.

I have a 180 Acrylic now that i can sell if there is an interest buyer, $300. it's 2 years old and i paid like around 1k for it brand new. Made by Tenecor.

i would order from them because it is cheap. they have a pickup point coming up in boston, so that means no shipping charges. most tanks have top bracings, but you can have a special order tank made. look here for pricing http://glasscages.com/

So far so good, thank you.

Cheap sounds good. How is the quality and craftmanship ?

Anyone in this club own their tank?

i just got off the phone with them. There is a $80 charge for the driver that will come to Boston to deliver the tank.

I asked about low iron also. Do we REALLY need to go with the low iron? is the difference noticeable?

i talked to them also. they say that there is a minimal difference if you are a normal aquarist, but if you want to take photos etc. then low iron is the way to go. i guess it is pretty pricey too. i have heard lots of mixed reviews about their quality, but i guess they are getting pretty good. the early years were rough, but the last few years has been reliable. i know several members here have tanks of theirs, so i am sure that they can chime in.

there is an $80 charge to bring the tank to boston? i talked to them and they never mentioned that. are you sure that isn't the shipping for a tank to boston or something else?

Scuba_Dave said:
Sort of like that 17" monitor that actually is only 16" viewable

How about a 2x4 stud that is only 1.5 x 3.5 inches. I agree it shouldn't be this way but it's the way everyone does business.

Don't all acrylic tanks need to be supported on the bottom? If glasscages makes their acrylic tanks like glass ones how do you go about supporting the bottom? Wouldn't the base panel be supported by the plastic trim, lifting it and making it tougher to support?

Last edited:
75 gallon RR pricing

This is the quote I received for a 75 with overflow:

75 gallon glass aquarium $110.00

Overflow and 2 holes $ 70.00

Pick up form our truck in Mass $ 50.00
---------------
Total $230.00

Thank You,

[email protected]

Back