Glasscages.com

jeffcas

Non-member
I was just wondering what experiences anyone has had with Glasscages.com. I am interested in purchasing a rimless tank, and I came across them by chance on the Internet.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Jeffrey Castaldo

made my tank wrong after i sent them a drawing of it, They drilled a starphire side. Why would someone pay extra for starphre glass on a back side of the tank? They did give me a refund without any questions, after a year and i was ready to trust them again with another tank they refused to work with me again. I had to beg them to take my $550 for a 20" x 26" x 20" cube. After sleeping on it, i called them back and told them to forget it.

I have heard others like Cory who have had some issues but mostly with build quality such as sloppy silicone, cheap looking trim, ect. My display is from them and was one of their standard sizes but with starfire front glass so it was built for me. The silicone job was ok, not too messy. Their glass eurobracing on the top and bottom of the tank is a bit bulky and very messy but you don't see it if you use sand. I would never use one of these as a barebottom. My tank was going in wall so I was not worried if it wasn't the best quality build as I could hide it all with trim but I would not have had to on my particular tank.

Well then, from what I am reading, I guess a more appropriate question would be who provides good workmanship in tank building?

Regards,

Jeff

Thread moved to Reef talk as per forum rules. You'll also most likely get more feedback in RT.

(posting rules are quite strict in the vendor exp forum, if the post/thread isn't based on a direct personal experience it is not allowed in VE. Questions should be posted in reeftalk in the future.)

Also, What type of budget are you planning. that and the size will determine the best tank manufacturer.

B, I want one just like what you have at your place. Let me know when you ordering some more.

I would like a tank that is approximately 30" x 18" x 18" or thereabouts. Glass is fine, but I will also research the possibility of acrylic from an affordability standpoint.

Sorry for the delay in answering this question, but I have been unable to access the forum.

Best regards,
Jeff

If you don't need rimless or those exact dimensions you could go with a 40 gallon breeder (36x18x16) and save $$$$.

I would like a tank that is approximately 30" x 18" x 18" or thereabouts. Glass is fine, but I will also research the possibility of acrylic from an affordability standpoint.

Sorry for the delay in answering this question, but I have been unable to access the forum.

Best regards,
Jeff

There is a very nice 30x24x24 acrylic for sale under the equipment for sale by members section, might be something to take a look at.

Back