Got a new ringer for you guys

Joker

Viking Corals
BRS Member
I bet this will be a first for many. Today I bought 4 chromis thinking none of my fish will bother them. Welp I was wrong hours go by I fed the tank very well today to make sure all 4 chromis ate which they did and so didn't the rest of my fish, yellow tang, flame fin tang, banggai, algae blenny, flagfin goby, 4 chromis. Fast forward to about 10min ago I notice there is only 3 chromis swimming. So naturally I'm thinking the other 3 have bullied it(the smallest one) and it was hiding. Then my gigantic banggai swims past my face and I see a damn tail hanging out of his mouth. This giant turd has some how eaten my tiny chromis. I have never in all my years reefing have came across banggais eating other fish. I have tried to get a picture of it but he will not stay still for it. But I will keep trying.

Got one
20230612_190522.jpg

That is nuts! I would have never thought that was possible. Were the lights out when the chromis got eaten? Just wondering since cardinalfish can be more active at night, and it might have an advantage then. Otherwise, I would think that chromis would be a million times faster.

That is nuts! I would have never thought that was possible. Were the lights out when the chromis got eaten? Just wondering since cardinalfish can be more active at night, and it might have an advantage then. Otherwise, I would think that chromis would be a million times faster.
Light was on. He just tried to eat another today so he just got put in the time out tank lol

They can be vicious. I've lost several large fire and peppermint shrimp to mine. It took me a while to figure out who the culprit was. He wasn't even that big at the time. Now I know better than to put anything small in there.

Back