Got the crab

bluemerle

Non-member
Finally! I just hope it's just him...Wow pic is big..sorry :eek: He's a little bigger then a quarter.

100_2530.jpg

I generally remove crabs that look "mean" in any way such as that one. What has this little bugger been doing to your tank?

I generally remove crabs that look "mean" in any way such as that one. What has this little bugger been doing to your tank?

Yeah I've been trying to get him without pulling the rock since it's a structural rock but it couldn't be done so I just pulled it. He's just been sitting in a hole getting bigger from what I can tell. No damage to anything I can see. I did have a couple of kenya tree branches come loose the other day but decided it was coming into contact with the BTA so somebody has to move.

Did you figure out what it is? Looks like a rock crab from around here.

Good old Xanthids. Not sure what kind exactly. I used to catch gorilla crab hitchhikers with a shotglass with food in the bottom. They'd fall in and get trapped. Although I guess when they get bigger you'd need a bigger container. I kept one in my sump that got up to about 3" across. He was funny. Well, funny in a "not in my display tank" sort of way.

Back