Ok, so I got this pompom crab...

GinaD

Very Happy Red Sox Reefer
And he's got at least one anemone, but what's the other thing he's holding???

Attachments

• pompom 002cr.jpg
    pompom 002cr.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 290
Where the hell you find all these exquisite animals? or is it just me that havent gone to any lfs lately?
Nice find. Hopefully, you can keep this one.

Aquarium Gallery had some around the time of the last meeting
I added 3 emerald crabs to my tank, haven't seen them sicen I added them
But I'd bet they are in there somewhere
I only see my blue CBS with a flashlight, he hides in a cave

I agree with Moe. The pink rubber is a deflated anemone. I wouldn't worry about it, if that anemone dies, the crab will tear the remaining anemone in half and have his 2 anemone's again.

this is me said:
Where the hell you find all these exquisite animals? or is it just me that havent gone to any lfs lately?
Nice find. Hopefully, you can keep this one.

I got this one at Sea World PC in Salem, NH.
Last I checked (2days ago), New England Tropical Pet on Drum Hill Road in Chelmsford, MA, had two nice one's with all their anemonies attached.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of where to buy cool fish, NE Tropical Pet also has the coolest lion fish I ever saw. It's got bright, deep red stripes and it's very stout, and has HUGE eyes. It's called a Miller (?) lion I think. Anyway, it began with an M. :) The thing is gorgeous! It's about 5" long.

Also, they have a beautiful red-banded pipefish, also about 5" long.

I WANT A BIGGER TANK NOW!!!!!​

GinaD said:
New England Tropical Pet on Drum Hill Road in Chelmsford, MA
Is this the place right off exit 32 rt 3 in the strip mall I think there is a starbucks in there also?

yes. they don't have a big saltwater area at all, but sometimes they get some really great stuff. that's where I got my curly cue anemone (bartholomea annulata).

Well, I don't know where he got it from, but my little cheerleader got himself another anemone! :D

Attachments

• pompom 0071.jpg
    pompom 0071.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 180
I have (had) an anemone crab but I never see him after I added it to the tank long time ago. May be dead. What kind of anemone is the crab holding? How does he eat?

It's the funniest thing to watch. When I put the frozen mysis in, he waves his 'pompoms' at them, and when one comes close enough, he uses two of his smaller arms (next to his mouth) to grab them. Even when another fish swims closeby he waves his pompoms at them and I can imagine him saying, "rah-rah-rah!". :D

If you look at the first picture the anenome is fairly large in comparison to the later pics...my guess is that the crab was holding both anenomes in the same hand so it could pick up the pink "thing" and then passed the anenome back afterwards. :)

Back