Help! Power Outage

CoralJunkie

John
BRS Member
Does anyone near southern MA area have a small gas generator I can borrow? The storm knocked down a few trees and they snapped a telephone pole in half. We're gonna be without power for a few days.

Power is back on since 1840, thank you guys for the support and concern, luckily this club still has some good people in it. Unfortunately my male clownfish was/ is being devoured by what's left of my cleanup crew, Denmarkj female is on the sand leaned up right against the back glass slowly gilling, watchman goby was swimming all disoriented but found a spot in the rocks to sit, sps gone, rbta shriveled to nothing but I've seen these bounce back.... If the female doesn't I'm probably leaving the hobby.... I've had that pair for a few years now...

My male clown was sideways on the ground and has bounced back, hopefully yours does as well. They’re tough little guys

Rough weekend for Reefers. The storm really messed with many people. I hope your fish pulls through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got home today at about 6pm my power was still off and the tank water was ice cold. Yellow watchman goby was trying to swim disoriented, female clownfish was on her side barely gilling and there was a pile of cleanup crew in the spot where my clownfish guard. I thought for sure my male clownfish was a gone. Power comes back on around 6:45pm tonight and I immediately shut down my sump and put both heaters in display tank. I unplugged my rkl to keep my blue lights on so I could periodically check on the tank while it was warming back up, still nowhere in sight was my male clownfish. Fast forward to 11pm blue lights still on, I was sitting on the leather sectional looking at the tank contemplating my next move when I got to thinking that even though the cleanup crew was swarming that clownfish spot I did not see a body. I went searching the tank with a flashlight all over the rock work. I was so happy when I found a shining eyeball looking back at me. He somehow dug himself under my smaller island to the left of my display and sandwiched himself between the sandbed and rock desperately trying to get warm. I carefully picked the rock up and corralled him back to his female and they instantly started rubbing together. The tank water is still cold even after 5 hours of 2 jager 75g heaters set at 78f in the display tank with 2 power heads cranked but everyone seems to be coming around thank God. We got very very lucky, next plan of action is to order a generator asap!

Fish are tough little buggers... I lost power around 7pm Fri night while working and between the wife and I we just poured tank water around for oxygen. Tank never got below 70 degrees. Next morning I decided to pop the cherry on my generator I bought probably 5+ years ago and hooked it up until we got power back last night...

Another storm is coming this wednesday.... get prepared!!!

great...i'm leaving for drill on Tuesday night and won't be home until Sunday. here's to praying the reefer gods don't decide to take my new livestock away from me.

as a bonus, it's a field drill so i'll be sleeping in a tent for 4 nights...lol. think of me when you wake up on Thursday and you're sipping your hot coffee looking out the window at all the pretty snow :D

Another storm is coming this wednesday.... get prepared!!!

great...i'm leaving for drill on Tuesday night and won't be home until Sunday. here's to praying the reefer gods don't decide to take my new livestock away from me.

as a bonus, it's a field drill so i'll be sleeping in a tent for 4 nights...lol. think of me when you wake up on Thursday and you're sipping your hot coffee looking out the window at all the pretty snow :D

Get an apex jr. You can control and monitor your tank from your phone. I got one and won’t run another tank without it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back