Help with power heads!!!

Moose

Non-member
Came home today found our power head on our 200 dd not working. Looking to replace or upgrade have it narrowed down to 2 EcoTech mp40, Neptune apex WAV and 1 link kit, and Maxspect Gyre xf150. Looking for advice or input from anyone who has experience with these pumps.Thanks

I have 2xMP40 QD on my 200 gallons and they're awesome. Very quiet and very good wife flow. I would recommend them to anyone.
I have mine anti sync and the shortest of the long pulse mode at full power.

Has anyone used the neptune wave pump? I know it is new but has a lot of cool features and works with apex controller. i am not sure but i think you need the
ixm module for the mp40 pumps to work with apex.

Has anyone used the neptune wave pump? I know it is new but has a lot of cool features and works with apex controller. i am not sure but i think you need the
ixm module for the mp40 pumps to work with apex.

I hope the Neptune reps don't see this post from me, but having seen them in person, I would say pass the Neptune powerheads. They look big and bulky, and at the same time not too far off in price from Vortechs once you get their separate power module etc. Not to mention, if, for some reason your Apex goes down, you lose the flow in your tank as well. In my opinion Neptune needs to bring the price down way lower on these to be competitive.

I love Apex and we use it on almost all of our systems, but I would never put all my eggs in 1 basket ... just my thoughts.

I would definitely go with the MP40s and if you have an Apex, get a WXM module to control the Vortechs via your Apex in-case that's what you want to do. This way in-case something does happen to you Apex (gets wet, gets corrupted because of a surge, gets rusted out, etc), you can continue using your Vortechs independently while the Apex is getting fixed by Neptune.

Hope that helps!

- Archit

Back