Help with Power Strip Placement and Install - for Rookie

MURedhawk

Reef Rookie Forever
Hi all, PC4a.jpg

I'm a rookie to saltwater and I am trying to install some PC 4 American DJ strips into my cabinet. My cabinet is an R&J Xtreme Maple cabinet for a 65g glass tank with refugium from ADHI. The cabinet has 3/4 inch side supports/walls. I wanted to be able to easily turn on and off equipment so I bought these. The left side of the cabinet is against a wall as is the back side (but there are still several inches of space from main wall).

How would you recommend installing these? I attached some pictures of the set up. There is a slight angle to the PC 4 plug set so I likely need to get different size screws for the top and bottom. Back of cabinet is open. I'm afraid that less than 3/4 of screw x 4 screws imbedded in the cabinet wall is not enough for support with plugs hanging from them.

Would you anchor in side wall of cabinet on inside and go alll the way thru cabinet wall (not very visable area if screw goes thru side of cabinet but ruins side of cabinet) to secure since only 3/4 inch wood or anchor to back wall in dry wall (less easy to access switches)? Or other suggestions?

Thank you very much for any help.
JV

Attachments

• PC4b.png
    PC4b.png
    5 KB · Views: 202
  • PC4c.jpg
    PC4c.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 201
You have not got any replys because its such like a broad question. I don`t know about anyone else but I would need to see it in person to make a decesion on where to mount it as there is alot of factors that come into play.

If it were me and now I have no way of knowing if this would work without seeing it but, in the last picture attached of the the left side of the stand I would cut out that top piece of wood in the door frame to fit the PC4 would give it a clean built in look and easily accesible.

Thank you. You are right. I should not have left such a broad question. I have a friend coming to help this week. Next time I will post better pictures. I am new to adding the pictures and some of them did not download well. Thank you again.

Nice. I like that power strip set up on your build. I ended up using a super strong velcro and it worked great!
Thank you.

Miami Univ. in Oxford Oh.
Played FB there years ago when nickname was Redskins. I'm buckeye fan as well and grew up near same area.

Back