Hey all…here’s my intro

Spence

BRS Member
i have a 75 gallon reef that has been running nearly 4 years now. I can’t keep fish for the life of me, but corals seem to do pretty well . I‘ve browsed through some of the tanks here and they look great. And the marketplace seems great to beat some of those crazy online vendor prices and shipping. I’m looking forward to chatting to you all!

Welcome to BRS! What types of fish have you lost? There’s lots of knowledgeable reefers here who can help you out. Have you tried talking to an LFS to try and diagnose your issue?

My tank has ich, the guys in there now seem to have a high tolerance. Two cinnamon clowns, cardinal, and a wrasse they’ve been there pretty much since the cycle completed. I lost two kole tangs, and a flame angel to ich. I also lost a few to jumping like my diamond goby and firefish

Guess I didn’t need to start this as it
Looks like we have an auto welcome generated. Sorry bout that, but I guess this still works as an intro

Guess I didn’t need to start this as it
Looks like we have an auto welcome generated. Sorry bout that, but I guess this still works as an intro
Don’t apologize, you didn’t do anything wrong. Biggie welcomes all the new accounts, and this is the spot to make an introduction.

Lots of people acknowledge that ich is in their systems, but is kept at bay through good water quality and keeping your fish fat and healthy. It’s also important to be picky about the fish that you add - if you know you’ve had ich outbreaks in the past, you probably won’t be able to nurse a sickly fish back to health, but you can probably keep a healthy fish healthy. It’s important that you keep up with tank maintenance (cleaning filters, checking levels with quality test kits) and feed your fish high quality food.

Cinnamon clowns are aggressive, and depending on what wrasse you have, he might be a jerk too. It’s important to have enough hiding spots in your rock work for the fish, as even a healthy fish can succumb to ich and die if it’s in a new tank and being harassed by an established fish.

Figured I could add a couple shots I took tonight

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 49
Back