Hey everyone newbie here!

Nawt2tawl

Non-member
i finally got my saltwater tank I have had it up for 2 months. Its a reef tank with a sump (no idea what kind all i know is there is live rock bioballs and some filter padding for extra filteration) I have a few questions though i have had white specs in my water as long as it has been set up. I dont know what they are or what to do to get rid of them. I notice everywhere i go everyones tank is crystal clear yet mean mine is covered in white particles. Has anybody had any luck getting rid of this. Also my protein skimmer wich is a coralife HOB one (yes it is the cheapest one they have but its the one i got with the tank) Was producing bubbles and filling the cup with waste for a week now i noticed it is on but it isnt filling up the cup. Is that because there is no waste to be removed or is it not working properly.

Welcome aboard, are the white specs on the glass or floating? As far as your skimmer are you keeping the water level the same?

Yes water level is has been same. Even after water changes I make sure it goes up to where it was before. I don't understand y is worked and produced bubbles that went up tube and filled cup with like greenish water now it's not.

The white specs are floating. I don't think it's sand particles because none of the flow from the wave makers. Is hitting the sand

Back