Hey everyone! Newbie here Need help

Welcome to the addiction!!
It won't be long till your tank is stuck in your head..every minute of every day..pondering...what do I want next..?how can I make this better....?what if I do this..?crap!did I leave the water on!?...haha.again welcome!

i started a 90 many years ago first just fish then i saw coral. yup that was it lol so i started a reef.got a light not all that good just a PC then i fond a 155 :) started that up then a few years in i fond BRS WOW was i doing it all wrong lmao. i moved about a year and a half ago sold 99% of my live stock and started all over redid the hole tank with what i learnd here
welcome to the madness and glad you started here LOTS OF GOOD INFO AND HELP ON BRS

the refugium is a good place to house a skimmer and macro algae for EASY nutrient export, it makes life easier......................

as far as lights, getting a used t5 set up will likely only be a bit more than other lights used for just fish..

also live rock doesnt need good lighting

when or if you go to corals start with softies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are the easiest

Welcome...Make sure when setting up as stated...Set it up as if u may go to reef some day...will be much easy a transition...(& btw....It will happen!!! Trust all of us)

Back