How long have you been a member of BRS, and how long have you kept reef tanks?

I would have LOVED to have experienced that!

So happy you were able to!
Yea, being brand new to the hobby it was amazing and overwhelming at the same time. I had a 2 1/2 year old and an infant being drug through there. Not sure if I was really winning things or if vendors felt bad for me, lol. Overall, great experience. Can't wait to go to another someday.

Joined 3 years ago while my tank was cycling for the advice and info.

Secretary after having a tank 1 year and President after 2...

Service time is coming up in decemeber start thinking if you got time ;)

Bumping this thread.

Like Mr. Hiller, I have been here since the beginning. Actually part of the beginning was in Greg's basement. Appetizers and a coral fragging workshop. Everything really gelled after that. Took a leave of absence to explore other worldly endeavors.

Now back with a vengeance... and a 2 year old. But a 2 year old who knows Amphiprion Ocellaris and Percula. Not a "Nemo"!

Bumping this thread.

Like Mr. Hiller, I have been here since the beginning. Actually part of the beginning was in Greg's basement. Appetizers and a coral fragging workshop. Everything really gelled after that. Took a leave of absence to explore other worldly endeavors.

Now back with a vengeance... and a 2 year old. But a 2 year old who knows Amphiprion Ocellaris and Percula. Not a "Nemo"!
Lol Joe, I remember when my daughters were small, they, especially my oldest around 4 or 5 at the time would look through all the books I had and the ones from the library. She was a walking, talking encyclopedia of fish and coral, lol.

We used to have the "member since" on our profile. Can't seem to find it now.
We migrated from Reefcentral back in 2002/2003 I believe we did the swap sometime around then.

We incorporated in 2002 Spring. I'm thinking that's accurate. @JimN who recently moved back to the area was the original treasurer and might remember.

Started in 2016. Had a baby started a reef and got a new job all in the same year.... But damn that reef looked ok.... o_O

I started reefing in 2009 and joined BRS at that time after a 15 yr. fish break. Prior to that I was fish only with store bought bleached coral and an under-gravel filter. I can remember when my goal was to be able keep an anemone alive for my clown fish to host.

Back