I hate when this happen

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
Just about a week ago, I found that the tunze 6000 and the 6100 are the same pump but different transformer. This is certainly not a good thing for me to know. Because now, I want to upgrade the transformer...
should I? 3100gph plus another 500gph from the return.
right now, its 1800 plus 500. The fish seem to be doing just fine with the strong current. I can see the musle in my flame angel and the maroon clown :D EIt's a workout for them.

I use 2 x 6100's in my 125 gallon reef. I can only run them at 80% now. 100% is too much flow for what I have in my tank. I think you may create a tidal wave in your 37 cube, but you never know until you try.

:D

I doubt you really need more flow in that cube but hey...to each his own. I would check with Roger at the Tunze site on RC whether you void the warantee on the Tunze if you do. Heck, he might be able to help you change it out...really depends on what you want to accomplish...JMO.

I dont see how I would void the warranty? It's basically buying a new transformer and plug it in the driver, not like I open up anything and mod it.
I already know what he's gonna say. Last time I asked him if I can put a tunze and he said even the smallest tunze would be too much.

TBoisvert said:
I use 2 x 6100's in my 125 gallon reef. I can only run them at 80% now. 100% is too much flow for what I have in my tank. I think you may create a tidal wave in your 37 cube, but you never know until you try.

:D
what type of sand any issue with sand?

Back