If you were given $400 to spend on your tank what would you buy?

1 vortech mp40 ever since i saw the damn thing i want it ,i want two but would live with one,thats funny as soon as i finished typing my post u had already said it

vortech are awsome pumps................best investment u can make...and if u sell it u only lose little money........

hahah now that we are on this subject will mp40 be overkill u think on a 40 breeder

as soon as i saw the remote and the current they make i was looking at my koralia like mannnnn.....lmfao

Vortechs are nice when they work, but I've seen too many broken ones.
I'll start my list
Glass-holes 700 gph overflow
Iwasaki 15k aqua2
2x Maxi-Jet 1300
PC4
Sl1 with Probe
Parts for a D.I.Y. switch kit
and the rest on a wrasse trio

hahah now that we are on this subject will mp40 be overkill u think on a 40 breeder

as soon as i saw the remote and the current they make i was looking at my koralia like mannnnn.....lmfao

it will but then again u can control the speed....but then whats the point of having an mp40 when u will have it at the lowest speed....might as well go for an mp10 at good speed or an mp20 (if u can find them) rare now........whats good about an mp20 is that if u later on upgrade tank..u can upgrade the driver for it and make it an mp40.......

Vortechs are nice when they work, but I've seen too many broken ones.
I'll start my list
Glass-holes 700 gph overflow
Iwasaki 15k aqua2
2x Maxi-Jet 1300
PC4
Sl1 with Probe
Parts for a D.I.Y. switch kit
and the rest on a wrasse trio

not bad.....why do u need 2 mj1300?

it will but then again u can control the speed....but then whats the point of having an mp40 when u will have it at the lowest speed....might as well go for an mp10 at good speed or an mp20 (if u can find them) rare now........whats good about an mp20 is that if u later on upgrade tank..u can upgrade the driver for it and make it an mp40.......

yea but i figured keep it on low and it will make good flow in that small of a tank ,and last longer be quieter.then the upgrade could be bigger better

Because they're cheap, smaller then koralias and put out more flow per $, and last forever. the little tunze nanos would be nice but Id rather save the money for something else.

true..........though mp10s are pretty cool....dont take up to much space and they are cheap if used.....they have excellent customer service at ecotech

woops.......we kinda got carried away.......lol we were just clarifying if its worth putting $400 into an mp powerhead.....lol.....plus pm is kinda boring...we like to express our thoughts to everyone............we are a club right?

I think it's worth the extra to get MP20 over MP10. If you get bigger tank in the future, you can just get the upgrade kit to make it to MP40.

IMO, Vortech are a bit over price but come to clean setup (no wire hanging out in the tank) and absolutely no dead spot in my 125 worth every single penny.

yea...an mp10 goes for like 150-170 used...dont know how much new....but a used mp20 goes from like 180-220 used the most.....then an upgrade kit is like 100- 150...still not losing.

Back