And then there were three - cucumbers

shrkbait

Non-member
So I have had a tigertail cucumber from Unique Aquaria for 1-2 years. Fun thing for better or worse I bought on a whim. It's always just done its thing and pooped clean nuggets. The other day I noticed it more out in the open than normal in a corner and it looked small. Looking around the tank I saw another equal size one. A little surprised as I was unaware that is how they can propagate but I have a ton of anemones. Then i saw a tiny 2-inch piece or so. So somehow it split 3.

Anyone with experience of their cucs splitting? I know you need a keen eye for when they die to keep the toxins from spreading, but it seems OK now...

Tigertails are not really a concern when they died compared to other cucumbers, especially in a larger tank. However, I would be looking to rehome at least one, if not two. Not immediately of course, but as they grow.

So I have had a tigertail cucumber from Unique Aquaria for 1-2 years. Fun thing for better or worse I bought on a whim. It's always just done its thing and pooped clean nuggets. The other day I noticed it more out in the open than normal in a corner and it looked small. Looking around the tank I saw another equal size one. A little surprised as I was unaware that is how they can propagate but I have a ton of anemones. Then i saw a tiny 2-inch piece or so. So somehow it split 3.

Anyone with experience of their cucs splitting? I know you need a keen eye for when they die to keep the toxins from spreading, but it seems OK now...

Lmk if you are interested in selling one. I work in Wakefield and can swing by after work one day. I'm in no particular hurry myself if you want to wait to see how these 3 fare after the split.. One of those has been on my list for awhile.

I do not believe I have seen a thread like this one before. If there was I may have missed it at some point.

Interesting at the least.

So I must really not be paying attention to my tank. That or the fact that they are mostly in the sand I never see them much. But I have found a fourth now that I am looking. And two are at least the size I bought it at. The other two just have one end sticking up.

I will be posting a trade thread on my anemones one of these days (sorry to all those I have dangled on PM regarding these). I will get shots of these too. choff since you are so close it is easy to work something out.

Back