Is this ick or flukes

just start singing "here fishy, fishy, fishy". And they will practically jump at you.

It worked for Ernie.

Ive tried that as well one flipped water at me I guess im not as good as a singer as I thought lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It almost looks like a cloudy appearance too like velvet has,.. However it looks more like the onset of brooklynella,.. How fast did these symptoms occur? Only reason why I do t think its ich is because of the cloudy patches and irregular dot sizes,.. However flashing can create those cloudy patches and ich and lay cysts on the fisb as well,... But the majority of the people here thinks its ich, I trust there advice,.. I just wanted to add that as a possibility. good luck!

It almost looks like a cloudy appearance too like velvet has,.. However it looks more like the onset of brooklynella,.. How fast did these symptoms occur? Only reason why I do t think its ich is because of the cloudy patches and irregular dot sizes,.. However flashing can create those cloudy patches and ich and lay cysts on the fisb as well,... But the majority of the people here thinks its ich, I trust there advice,.. I just wanted to add that as a possibility. good luck!

I really think its something else as well really doesnt look like ick to me either the symptoms came on kinda fast and out of no where as well and and the cloudy patches are on the fish are what make me think its something else ive had ick in my systems before but its never looked like this

Well, if it was Brooklynella, it would have to be a wild clown...if it was tank raised, then you don't have to worry about that. If it is wild, and it is brooklynella, it's unlikely it will survive.

If it's velvet, survival chances are low, but paraguard by seachem would work if it's not too late.

Most likely ich, but I am not sure where the "copper bath" suggestions comes from...

Typically a bath is a short dip, but for copper to work, the fish needs to be in it for 14 days. I would use Cupramine...it's the least toxic and easiest form of copper to use.

you should try to treat the fish now if you want to save his life and let's hope that he will make it.
keep asking question and doing nothing will make him suffer even more

And by the way, you need to remove ALL of the fish from the tank and leave it fallow for 10 weeks if you want to ensure the ich is eradicated. I am sure that a hundred people will chime in now and disagree...well those people are WRONG.

The commercial fish farm industry has spent tens of millions researching ich. It has a scientifically established life cycle, and it's really not up for dispute from hobbyists with no idea what they are talking about.

Could you get lucky using another method? Maybe, but you will never know for sure. Then you can go through the fun of removing all of your fish again when the ich comes back, or they can die.

you should try to treat the fish now if you want to save his life and let's hope that he will make it.
keep asking question and doing nothing will make him suffer even more

Let me guess another person who only reads the last couple post then has to jump in and accuse someone of doing nothing or something wrong......

Let me guess another person who only reads the last couple post then has to jump in and accuse someone of doing nothing or something wrong......

dont even respond to that ..lmao ...how is it going how did lights offf work on the lill guys

dont even respond to that ..lmao ...how is it going how did lights offf work on the lill guys
I could help myself responding to that I tired of that people always do that drives me nuts lol

I cought him before I tried the flash light trick I did a fresh water dip and started hypo he already looking better

i feel ya brother well fatten him up and keep us posted ......what about the other guys ...and how are the arms i remmber i was in pain

i feel ya brother well fatten him up and keep us posted ......what about the other guys ...and how are the arms i remmber i was in pain

The hardest part about the hole thing was pain im already dealing with really bad nerve damage to my arm, back and leg from getting hurt real bad at work got hit in the chest by a packer used for hydro fracing water wells under 2000psi+ basically broke my hole upper body
But im still here :D

All the other fish look fine as of now it was just the 2 clowns I hope

If it was brook or velvet the fish would be very much dead by now.
So,I would say it is most definitely ich.The fish may look fine now,but,that wont last.
They could look great,even the clowns in another day or two.Until the second wave of cyst hatches.

Sounds like you're in a rough position with an injury and all.
Maybe you can make it through this and manage the infestation until you're doing better,than erradicate it later.

If it was brook or velvet the fish would be very much dead by now.
So,I would say it is most definitely ich.The fish may look fine now,but,that wont last.
They could look great,even the clowns in another day or two.Until the second wave of cyst hatches.

Sounds like you're in a rough position with an injury and all.
Maybe you can make it through this and manage the infestation until you're doing better,than erradicate it later.

This is exactly correct. The ich will just keep coming back using this method. See if there is someone around you that might be able to help you out while you are injured...

Back