Issues with Neptune AquaController PH Probe?

IffersTankSlave

C'mon SPRING!!
Hello everyone. Been a while...
Set up our Aquacontroller in January. Everything was working fine. Recently switched from Calcium reactor to 2-part dosing. Using a dosing pump. Still working good. Had the controller set to start pump when ph <8.27, shut off when >8.33. Woke up this morning to a very cloudy tank. Ph on the controller showed 8.16, hand held Milwaukee read 8.5. Water change, probe clean & calibrate (both) this evening. After calibration, both reading the same. After about 1 hour, Milwaukee reading 8.3, Aquacontroller was at 8.28, then suddenly started to drop, now at 8.09. Shut off dosing pump (obviously, this is what happened last night... it kept dosing all night.)

Anyone ever had an issue with the ph probes from Neptune? I wouldn't think it would be bad after 9 months, but I know better then to say it cannot happen.

I appreciate any input.

Thank you!

I would not recommend putting a two part doser on a pH controller, except perhaps to stop any dosing if the pH got too high (like above 8.55).

As to the probes, have you recently recalibrated both? Do they both read the pH 7 and 10 correctly after calibration?

I have had them go bad in 3 months, most often change every 6 or 7...after nine you are pushing your luck. You want to calibrate every month.

Thank you for the input. Randy, we recalibrated both of them last night. We got over-saturated. Not the brightest move on our part. Kyle, I thought after recalibration we were good, but within an hour the controller probe was doing the "yo-yo dance". Don't feel like messing around with a bad ph probe. New one is en route. Thanks, and one of the thing s we decided to do was monthly re-cal. Well worth the extra 10 minutes or so.

Back