JBJ Nano Cubes

smpross

Non-member
I am thinking of getting back into the hobby (Albeit at a smaller size) by placing a JBJ nano cube (Either 12 or 24 gallon) in my son's room (He is only 2 months). I wanted to know what people's experience was with them. I am planning to do the LED fixture with it. Here is the link.

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Nano...ons-JBJ_Lighting-JB12605-FIAQNCCKTLUT-vi.html

So I have a few questions...

how is the lighting?
How is the filtration (and will I need more?)
What kind of Corals can I keep (Only soft or hard as well)

Any experiences with the JBJ line would be appreciated.

Scot

For some reason (call me a freak) I have nightmares when thinking of children and LEDs in the same context. I remember how curious I was and how inventive some of the children i've seen are; "having a look" straight at those LEDs to satisfy ones curiosity might become a potential problem at some point.

From the point of filtration this is an AIO tank, not too much filtration but a good water change schedule will allow you to keep most of the corals. Not sure of those lights, I have a 100W multichip on top of it and I can fry almost anything if I crank it up.

Thanks... Right now, he is only 2 months old, so it is not a issue at this time. But something to think about for the future.

Scott

I have a JBJ 28. I retrofitted a Rapidled kit into it to support any corals. The stock LEDs on the tank you are proposing will only support softies. Filtration is minimal as mentioned, so you will need to keep up on water changes. Keep a low bioload, and you can make a nice tank :)

I have a JBJ 28. I retrofitted a Rapidled kit into it to support any corals. The stock LEDs on the tank you are proposing will only support softies. Filtration is minimal as mentioned, so you will need to keep up on water changes. Keep a low bioload, and you can make a nice tank :)

How hard was the retrofit? I am looking at either the 12 or the 24 gallon. How often are you doing water changes and how much?

Scott

Back