Junk yard wars

This is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a while. Glad pics were posted of this. I agree with steve, I wish I was there and would have been cool to meet Marc. Good job all.

Last edited:
..., Deryk (Deyon09) is the Rock Theif, ...

Hey, I almost pulled it off, too! I got shut down by the Mods! Ouch... Geez the sun is shining off my head a little too much for my comfort. I'm "going" - and proud of it!

PS. Don't forget "Sox Fan"

Last edited:
Hopefully you'll be back for the next Junk Yard Wars Deryk! I think we put a pretty good system out there considering what Mauro was able to find in his basement, we just took too long to git'er dun!

I think both teams did an excellent job. I think they ladies had alot more experience between them than the guys. So that definitely tip the tables. But in the end both systems came out good.

Had they been new tanks they would have been good enough to use. I figure just drilling 4 hole between two tank with one dying drill and an old diamond bit, was impressive.

Great job to everyone who participated, it was a great time. Lots of laughs :D

I'm so proud of Brian and Heather for their first time drilling, perfectly done! I had a great team, I love how this club brings everyone together for some fun!

Thanks to Mauro and Sue for bravely opening up their home(and garage) for this event to happen. Thanks to everyone who helped make this come together! BRS comes up with some unique ideas for events that really are FUN and funny. I had no intention of participating at first, glad I did. I learned a few new tricks too!

And a huge thanks to Marc for being our judge, I don't think anyone involved will forget this event anytime soon!

For the next one, let's do a "leaky tank repair" version...I can supply (2) 72 gallon bowfront tanks that are leaking from the front left corner...identical leaks, identical tanks, so the competition would be fair (and save me time fixing them myself :p )

For the next one, let's do a "leaky tank repair" version...I can supply (2) 72 gallon bowfront tanks that are leaking from the front left corner...identical leaks, identical tanks, so the competition would be fair (and save me time fixing them myself :p )

That'd be good. Maybe we could repair leaks with water in them. That would actually be a really practical part of it. I don't know if you can do that at $55 a tube of the underwater curing caulk, but it's a good idea.

Maybe actually build sumps as well. Put some of Marc's talk to practice. Anyone have extra tanks that we could use?

The ladies feel the contest is already over...
the_premature_toast.jpg

HA HA, that's awesome! :D I think I need to call on the Reefettes to set my tank up. :D

Bump for anyone who was wondering what this club is really about. That is who do not read the meeting announcement ;)

I have a lot of very good memories of very good times while, learning about reefs and sharing my reefing experience.

I highly recommend attending the meeting this month just for this event, it is a really good time.

Check out the details
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99015

Thanks for bumping this Greg. It was so much fun and the pictures really bring it all back. It should be a ton of fun this year and everyone should have a great time.

Thanks for bumping this Greg. It was so much fun and the pictures really bring it all back. It should be a ton of fun this year and everyone should have a great time.

Very true, some times things get lost in translation.

This was so much fun! We all had a great time during the event, and for a long time afterward, between posting pictures and talking about it. This is what I love about this club, this type of fun event and the relationships that build from it.

How you guys doing? Well with the kids and all I hope.

This year was good. BBQ ribs, chicken, horse shoes, junk yard wars, raffles.

Sounds like you may be getting bit by the bug to start showing up and get active again.

I remember someone saying something like "this is my last post".

Hmmmmmm!

This came up in conversation today. I had to go back and look at all the pictures again. This was such a great day! We're actually stopping by to visit Marc in a few days while we're in the Fort Worth area. Looking forward to seeing his track in person.

Back