Lighting Help.

Cjtabares

PBITAWA
BRS Member
I am trying to step up my old tank, a 24”x24”x18” Marineland Tank. I have been out of the hobby for 10+ years, trying to catch up on everything it is a lot. Tried to set this thing up a few times over the last few years, but things have always gotten in the way. I plan on it being an sps tank eventually(6 months+ down the road), so just a Fowlr until then. I was looking at buying a filler light now, and getting something more powerful when I add the coral.

I was thinking this for now:

And probably a Kessil A360 or a Radion XR15 G6 pro.

Would this be good, would anyone suggest against it. My thought was I can reduce intensity if it is too powerful and I can use them to a bigger tank if I ever get one.

I have the aquatic life structure and then I fit a radion to it. I like it and it’s convenient. The T5/Led combo is great - led with stunner strips are also pretty sweet

save yourself some ‘$ and buy the G2 t5 and supliment with LED’s

save yourself some ‘$ and buy the G2 t5 and supliment with LED’s
After buying the bulbs wouldn’t this cost about the same as the led fixture?

i guess but the light you posted I recall only has blue and violet LED’s to supliment lights which get mounted in the middle. T5 is a way better supplement light than more LED’s in IMHO

i guess but the light you posted I recall only has blue and violet LED’s to supliment lights which get mounted in the middle. T5 is a way better supplement light than more LED’s in IMHO
Ok, thanks. I will have to look closer at that.

I have a 24x24x24 with a 4 bulb dimmable aquatic life and a Kessil a360 in the middle of it. It’s more than enough coverage corner to corner with just the t-5’s. The kessil will really throw some light as well and adds some nice sparkle to the fluorescent pastels.

I think that is a decent light and good idea. However I agree with @Cpage101. That light only has blue and violet LEDs. Which is fine but during the fowlr period you may want a more white-ish temp to view tank and fish nicely.

I was just convinced to get t5s. Telling me the smart move was the LEDs?
I love my t5s. Coverage is great, they grow out coral really well, and it’s really hard to to over expose coral to them. Only downside is you should replace the bulbs every year or so and they use a little bit more energy than leds. Pros and cons like everything else.

this is my hybrid setup
IMG_3751.jpeg
IMG_3754.jpeg

How do you like the Reef Breeder lights? I was talking to a few LFS and they all seem to not love the new Radions, or the AIs. One said they liked the Reef Breeder, and it is built in RI. I saw a lot of people also seem to like the Reef Factory lights, and the Reefi Uno 2.0. Idk what I want to do lol.
If you want a solid light with top notch customer support reefbreeders is the light to have. mine is a v2+ and has been solid

If you want a solid light with top notch customer support reefbreeders is the light to have. mine is a v2+ and has been solid
Just was looking at them a little closer, they would be too wide for the aquatic life fixture unless I get the wider brackets.

Back