Maxi Jet 1200 Question

Andy V

Non-member
Hello all. I have a quick Maxi Jet 1200 question...

I have to fit this thing in a small space (the back overflow of a JBJ Nano Cube) in order to run my new dual BRS Reactor. Unfortunately, it will not fit in the required space unless I do not attach anything that covers the impeller. So the question is, will running this pump without anything covering the impeller be fine, or will something get jammed in there in short order? I suppose I could just glue a piece of mesh over the hole if need be...

I ran a 900 in the back chamber of an Aquapod for a couple of years with nothing covering it. I think I cleaned it once!

by cover do you mean the bottom plastic piece that has the holes where it sucks in the water from the bottom and squirts out if the front? or just the little snail guaed that you attach to the very bottom?

by cover do you mean the bottom plastic piece that has the holes where it sucks in the water from the bottom and squirts out if the front? or just the little snail guaed that you attach to the very bottom?

The hole where it sucks in the water from the bottom

Well it would spin,make a little turbulence and by not captivating the impeller end is going to make it wobble and fail/fall wear out.I can't understand how it would work w/o it.

Back